Help me find a 3" mandrel-bent elbow - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me find a 3" mandrel-bent elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a 3" mandrel-bent elbow

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to buy a 3" mandrel-bent elbow from summitracing or jegs, but the thing is I can't find one for a good price. Can you guys help me on this?

Thanks.

Re: Help me find a 3" mandrel-bent elbow

you might have to search for a V8 car on summit
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I found this two on summitracing. Between the two u pipe wich one would it work best for my car? http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku or http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Comment

Take some measurements then find out...

I'd guess the 2nd one...
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

If you are trying to make an S-pipe I would recommend using two 45 degree bends. The loss coefficient for a 45 degree bend is less than that of a 90 degree bend and therefore the velocity of the exhaust gasses in the pipe will not reduce as much with the 45 degree bend and less back pressure will be created.
          1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Re: Help me find a 3&quot; mandrel-bent elbow

So you telling me to get two of these http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku and weld them together right?

Comment

Something like this.
              Attached Files

Comment

yea, like the picture bigralph2 made. It will probably cost a little bit more for two 45 bends than for one U-bend, but it will be better for flow.
                1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

I'm selling/trading my 3" Mandrel U Bend brand new. I'll sell it for around $25 or i'll trade for a stock V8 S pipe. That is if your trying to make a s pipe.

-Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by bigralph 2
                    Something like this.
                    will that work tho? do the measurements match?

It doesn't look like it puts the tube inwards enought to match up w/ the cat-back
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I did it on my 3.4L just need to have a longer pipe between the 45* bends.

I did have a small catco CAT though, so that might have helped in room.

Comment

It should work just fine. Just get under your car and check out where the stock S-pipe sits and look at the clearance you have in that indent in the frame. If you're doing it yourself, clamp the cat to the Y-pipe first, then check out where you need to cut the leg of the 45 bend that will be on the cat side, and then line up the second 45 bend to see where you will need the legs of the two 45 bends to meet so you know where to cut them. Make sure you clamp everything first, and then weld (if you will be welding) once everything is cut right and clamped so that it is all lined up perfectly. If you're having a custom exhaust shop do it, just tell them that you want them to use the two 45's to make the S and they will be able to figure it out easily enough.

I'm pretty sure there's someone on this board thats used two 45's and it worked just fine.

Comment

off hand have you found anyplace that sells L shaped 3" pipes...

I am looking for 2 90* bends (making an intake for the mustang)

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                            off hand have you found anyplace that sells L shaped 3" pipes...

I am looking for 2 90* bends (making an intake for the mustang)
                            You and your intake mods! I thought Auto Zone sold them? Or try a local exaust shop...
                            sigpic
                            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X