quick cai question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick cai question

I recently put an SLP cold air intake on my camaro and to do so I had to remove a splash guard that had a few air vents but after I installed it I decided to leave the guard off. Should I put it back on, or will it make a difference either way?

Re: quick cai question

you wont notice a real performance difference. put it back on if youre worried about water getting in there, but otherwise leave it off. mine's been off for years.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I would say put it back on due to if you run over a puddle or get caught in the rain the filter can get soaked with water and I have heard of some people sucking water into the intake.

Comment

I have th FTRA intake and Ive had no problems with water getting sucked into the intake. Ive had the blockoff plate off ever since I installed it over 2 years ago. The FTRA kit comes wiht a seal that seals off the front of the air box which gives it a (as FTRA describes it) small supercharger effect to the intake. Meaning the faster you go the more power you get from the intake though its not going to be of great significance to begin with. However, I say leave teh guard off cuz you shouldnt have any problems with water getting sucked into there unless you hit a deep puddle hard.
        01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
        AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
        www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
        www.vaperz.com
        PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Firehawk N Wv I think he has the 93-97 style intake, not the air box from the 98+ f-bodies, so there is a bigger chance of him getting water in the intake since the filter sits right above the splash guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ZO6vette037
            Firehawk N Wv I think he has the 93-97 style intake, not the air box from the 98+ f-bodies, so there is a bigger chance of him getting water in the intake since the filter sits right above the splash guard.
            the intake is going to be in about the same exact spot on both the 98-02 and 93-97 models

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy16
              the intake is going to be in about the same exact spot on both the 98-02 and 93-97 models
              How do you figure?

One is near the top of the radiator and the other is tucked down into the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                How do you figure?

One is near the top of the radiator and the other is tucked down into the fender.
                cuz he said 93-97 style cai on a 98+, not the air box from the 98+, so if he had the cai that goes to the fender on a 93-97 and on a 98+ it'd be in the same spot(aka by the fender)

Comment

im sure hes referring to the lt1 style intake. leave the splash guard off, you wond need it unless you head underwater.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X