Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PaceSetter Headers

Originally posted by candela
    It is leaking from the EGR tube to header union. The shop said they're gonna double up the gasket. I suspected the leak, just never heard a leak that sounded like that.
    exhuast leaks that close to the motor tend to tick.

i doubled up and then tripled up gaskets and it still leaked. i ended up getting block off plates and using copper RTV, works great.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by candela
      It is leaking from the EGR tube to header union. The shop said they're gonna double up the gasket. I suspected the leak, just never heard a leak that sounded like that.
      doubling the gasket is only gonna let them charge you twice for a gasket, not solve the problem. Tell them to ditch the paper gasket and put some copper RTV on it...if they give you attitude or start arguing with you, get your car out of that shop and do it yourself.

Comment

Well he actually got the gasket to work, the flange needed to be grinded a bit in order for the tube to flush out. The tube has a hair line crack and he used some kind of muffler cement and seems like it sealed it. I wasn't charged for any of the extra work, the guy has been cool about the whole thing. He suggested we just remove the pipe and block it off. That's something that I'll only do if we keep on having problems.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X