how to install cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install cold air intake

Hey, I'm putting together some sort of how to guide, for my 97 firebird.
    My little brother just bought a 97 camaro,(same color green, biter) he's getting some money and wants to mod. I want something to refer to so I dont need to come here all the time.

I checked the how to forum, had instructions on almost every other install
    exept this.
    Thanks,
    Sam

Re: how to install cold air intake

its so simple nobody has worried about it. But i do think there is something on here with pics.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

it's too easy of a mod, if you have common sense i think youll be good

Comment

if you can imagine it, you can do it... i did mine on my '97 in like one hour... that was mainly cutting the pvc tubing down to size...=\ it's easy.

Comment

Originally posted by firechicken3800
          if you can imagine it, you can do it... i did mine on my '97 in like one hour... that was mainly cutting the pvc tubing down to size...=\ it's easy.
          yeah... Mine took um... 10 minutes
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

if you do a write up, just take pictures of each step, there's a sticky in one of the review sections that explains how to write and submit a review...It will be some good info, even if a blind monkey could do it...

there's always someone out there who asks 'how easy is it dadadadada etc...

It might eliminate some questions in the future...

Oh and I swapped Coils and installed the CAI in under 25-30min so it should be a piece of cake
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
              Oh and I swapped Coils and installed the CAI in under 25-30min so it should be a piece of cake
              im enjoying those coils by the way, thanks again
              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                im enjoying those coils by the way, thanks again
                oh yea your welcome...less than 10 miles on em so you'll get to enjoy them for a long time
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Can some one lead me to those pictures. The thing is I dont know **** about working on our cars, always had my neighbor do it, I honestly dont remember my intake being installed, it was just done. My neighbor will be gone for a while, 3-5 years, so it's left upon me.

Me and my brother are 2 differant people. He's got his intake and ready to jump in, with no general idea about what he's doing, accept for looking at mine. My intake is a slp, his is an ebay intake dont know if the hook up is differnt. basically to make a long story short, i'll be paying for everything he does, good and bad, so If for some reason he screws up his car i'm paying for it. So I want it done right.

Thanks

Comment

i have a 98 so its different... if someone can post pics of an engine bay from your year then we can show you what to do. Just think about this. Where is your filter and where does the air enter the motor? You are replacing the stock filter/intake and replacing it with an aftermarket. You just take off the stock and replace with the aftermarket and make sure that you reconnect anything you had to disconnect. Do you know where the thottle body is?

Comment

Yeah, I think I know where the throttle body is, its what the intake connects to, right. I think my biggest concern is what he needs to take out or shave.

Comment

Shouldn't have to shave anything. I picked up one of then CAI's from ebay and it was a straight forward process. Remove everything from the maf forward, unplug the IAT sensor (only one there), dry fit the new CAI, tighten clamps, install the IAT in the provided grommetted hole and you are done. If it doesn't have a predrilled hole, drill one on the 1st pipe off the maf.

Comment

yeah, thats another thing I thought I would have to drill a hole for a plug.
                          I think I got this, or least I hope so, you guys and everyone else in my lifes be talking me throught this. My buddy told me it's not ****in brain surgery, just connect the pipes. Damn I feel like an idiot.
                          Thanks for the help,
                          Sam

Comment

the modification encyclopedia said the k&n will fit 95-97 cars if u buy the
                            1LE elbow... so i bought my friend both of those (intake and elbow) cuz he was going to pay me for it and to put it on... but i got everything and the elbow is so long that the tube goes past where the K&n tube goes. also, the IAT sensor is on the outside of the of the bend in the elbow. so A) its not fitting, and doesnt look like it will even with some "engineering" and B) even if it did fit, the wire to the plug for the IAT sensor doesnt reach far enough to plug into it.

any suggestions? even tho i've already made myself look stupid...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X