Cleaning the EGR valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the EGR valve

So im clueless about anything dealing with engine parts and the scan said it was my EGR. I figure try cleaning it first and if the light is still on that i have to order a new valve with money i dont have.

Heres my problem.

I have no clue where the EGR valve is and how to take it out and clean it

Re: Cleaning the EGR valve

Not sure about on a V6 but on my Ls1 its right near the throttle body.

My light came on and it was my EGR so I pulled it, took some scotch-bright and a wire brush to it, popped it back in and the light hasnt came on since.

BTW, I wouldnt buy a new EGR valve. They are like $200-ish. Try going to a junk yard or find someone who is parting out their car.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

I never knew i was so engine illiterate.. i dont even know where the throttle body is. I just now found out where the air filter is located also.

Mines a 3800 V6 if anyone has a diagram or anything to show me where :S

Comment

The throttle body is the piece where your throttle linkage cable connects and where the air enters the engine. Follow your lid to the first piece thats not plastic.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X