Air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air filter

How much better would a K&N air filter flow than the stock paper one in the same spot with the pipe strait to throttle body and the fins inside the airbox lid broke off.

Re: Air filter

A bit better...

Just get the whisper lid, screw the stock lid.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
    Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
    http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by 02bluecamaro
      How much better would a K&N air filter flow than the stock paper one in the same spot with the pipe strait to throttle body and the fins inside the airbox lid broke off.
      it will flow better but you won't noticed it. But the K&N is a must for the simple fact that it has a million mile warranty and the money you spend to replace paper ones will eventually exceed the price of the K&N. I have a whisper lidk, but started off with the fins broken off. I could tell a small sound difference with the hood open and me playing with the throttle cable, but its not going to be that much of a notice.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

come on i thing its all in your head. i took and sent the lid, jet chip, and induction kit back cause it dont do a damn thing, the k&N is cleanable but does not give you any hp gain.:spank:

Comment

:rolleyes:
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i will probaly replace the air filter so i dont hav to keep buying new ones and keep the stock lid with the straight pipe to tb. Its only a 200hp v6 and i seen a v8 jeep and the intake is smaller on those. I will probaly go with dual exhaust soon but it will be cheap muffler shop bent 3in with the cheapest muffler i can get. Im only 16 and have been driving 1month and waiting to be called into work so i cant afford much.

Comment

Originally posted by 02bluecamaro
              i will probaly replace the air filter so i dont hav to keep buying new ones and keep the stock lid with the straight pipe to tb. Its only a 200hp v6 and i seen a v8 jeep and the intake is smaller on those. I will probaly go with dual exhaust soon but it will be cheap muffler shop bent 3in with the cheapest muffler i can get. Im only 16 and have been driving 1month and waiting to be called into work so i cant afford much.
              Just take your time.... I've had my car for a year or so now and with school and all I've only been able to afford 200 dollar wheels, 80 whisper lid, and 40 dollar muffler... all used. I would wait until you find the right price on things and look around on here and ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er
                come on i thing its all in your head. i took and sent the lid, jet chip, and induction kit back cause it dont do a damn thing, the k&N is cleanable but does not give you any hp gain.:spank:
                Maybe it isn't noticeable so much, but they do help. It helps your engine breath better. Intake is one of the first mods most people do. It may not be the most effective, but if anything it is a supporting mod. It begins to help more once you do headers and the rest of your exhaust.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er
                  Bought my car w/ the K&N installed so I can't say before and after... As far as the Whisper Lid goes, get it... Like yeti said, it's a good mod to support future mods. Even if you don't plan on modding again for a while, you will NOT be disappointed with the Whisper Lid. Breaking the fins off the stock lid does not compare at all. It sounds better, and puts a smile to your face when you get on it. Case in point, my friend's Contour SVT was dead even with my car before installation, and I pull about a two carlengths out in front of him now by the end of second gear. Not much, but a great mod. DO IT NOW!!! :tup:

Comment

This is unacceptable, Do not post things like that
                    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-12-2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X