Help, intake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, intake!

Just replaced the black baffles with PVC pipe painted black. Also removed and smoothed out the inside of the stock lid. Not only did my SES light come on, but I had the car shut off for about 10 minutes, when I restarted it, it sounded like it wanted to die and a small amount of black smoke came out of the exhaust pipes :(

Whats going on here :( :( :(

Re: Help, intake!

black smoke signifies excessive fuel being burned, not related to your intake modification at all...probably a bad injector. You might want to check your oil for a heavy fuel smell as well

Comment

Get the car scanned at autozone and post back with the code.
      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

did you install the AIT sensor into the new pipe?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thsi is what I did:

used one 3" rubber coupling pipe and then i had to unfortunately use the rubber connecter from the stock airlid (the oval to circle shaped one ). I have a small 3" piece of PVC pipe inside between them and I have the AIT sensor in the same spot as it was stock. I THINK I feel a difference in throttle response/noise but I also think it might just be in my head... I also did the free ram air mod by cutting out the plastic on the bottom of the air box. Maybe adding the whisper lid will increase the effects?

Comment

i doubt the problems have anything to do with your intake. I had the same setup you are stating you have and it worked fine for months.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X