This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 header options ??

Does anyone know if there is anything other than Pacesetters for the 3800 in an F-body? For those that dont know me I have an 86 Cutlass with a 3800 and I have the coated Pacesetters as that was near my only choice of header for a 3800 in a rwd package outside of custom. I installed a supercharger engine last fall and it has ported heads which made for one huge obstacle with these headers. Unless they have changed, and i bought mine back in late 03, the primary tubes arent centered with the ports in the heads and there was almost no sealing in a few spots on the outer tubes and on both sides of the engine. When I put my new engine in the car last fall I was left with modifying these headers or building my own and I didnt have the time to build my own. So what I did with the Pacesetters was weld all the tubes on the outside of the flange, have the head side of the flange flat milled, then I gasket matched the flanges to a fwd style OE manifold gasket and that is also the gaskets that I used with copper spray on the sides. Now there is no obstruction of flow into the tube and there is something to seal on, which works very well. My car ran 12.20s at 108.X mph with this engine and these headers are really choking me down up top and I am looking for a 1 3/4 longtube or equivilant. I know for the Holden V6 cars they sell headers that fit the bill but I have no idea how they would fit my chassis and dont want to risk $500+++ to find out plus overseas shipping. If anyone knows of anything please let me know, otherwise I will be building my own headers that fit the car. I will also be selling what is on the car now since I will have no use for them. They are the coated headers and they are in good shape, the crossover pipe has typical rust surfacing through the coating but only light surface nothing bad. They probably only have 10K miles on them. Thanks in advance for any help,

Dave

Re: 3800 header options ??

No one makes longtubes for the f-body V6. RK Sport and Clear Image Automotive are your only mass-produced options other than pacesetter

Comment

Re: 3800 header options ??

as listed in the sticky, thats all there is^^^
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X