Bullet to Downturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet to Downturn

I was thinking of cutting my pipe after the cat and putting a Dynomax bullet on, then right after then just have a downturn so the sound and exhaust goes down to the ground. I can't seem to find any samples of what this would sound like. I know it will be loud, thats what I want, but does anyone know exactly how loud? I have stock manifolds, CAI, and 2.5" piping. I just wanna get some feedback before I actually do this lol.

Re: Bullet to Downturn

Originally posted by The_Beast
    I was thinking of cutting my pipe after the cat and putting a Dynomax bullet on, then right after then just have a downturn so the sound and exhaust goes down to the ground. I can't seem to find any samples of what this would sound like. I know it will be loud, thats what I want, but does anyone know exactly how loud? I have stock manifolds, CAI, and 2.5" piping. I just wanna get some feedback before I actually do this lol.
    sounds like a bad idea to me, all that exhaust dumping straight underneath your car, why not just run pipes out the back with no muffler

Comment

You'll get a headache driving that thing around. You'll need earplugs just to drive your car. It will be loud just with that combination exhaust and resonate off the bottome of the car to make it worse.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Its very loud and raspy. When my cat got clogged I just cut the cat out and removed the whole exhaust and ran around for about 8 months with just a cherry bomb turbo right off the y-pipe.
        Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

But it is drivable? My car must be different than everyone elses because I have the same setup right now that a lot of people have (2.5" pipe, Flowmaster 80) but its not loud at all to me. I've read some people on here saying that setup it too loud!

Dawizman, besides the loudness, would you recommend the cherry bomb? Does it sound good, or is it too raspy to even try?

Thanks for the info guys; if I do it, I'll probably try to make the pipe a bit longer, maybe up to the axle or something.

Comment

But it is drivable? My car must be different than everyone elses because I have the same setup right now that a lot of people have (2.5" pipe, Flowmaster 80) but its not loud at all to me. I've read some people on here saying that setup it too loud!

Dawizman, besides the loudness, would you recommend the cherry bomb? Does it sound good, or is it too raspy to even try?

Thanks for the info guys; if I do it, I'll probably try to make the pipe a bit longer, maybe up to the axle or something.

any type of cherry bomb ro whatever is gonna make your car sound like crap.....

flowmaster, in my opnion, is crap anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              any type of cherry bomb ro whatever is gonna make your car sound like crap.....

flowmaster, in my opnion, is crap anyways.
              Right on one account, wrong on the other.

Go ahead and do it.. that is if you like throwing money down the drain.

Trust me on this, i did it; it was louder.. but driving on the highway gave me a huge headache, and the exhaust note had no definition.. just loud an obnoxious.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                Right on one account, wrong on the other.
                Says the Flowmaster owner. :spank:

Flowmaster sucks. I run it right now on my car. I'll admit it. As soon as I get the parts together it's going bye-bye. I'm sick of hearing people defend Flowmaster systems for our cars.
                1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                  Says the Flowmaster owner. :spank:

Flowmaster sucks. I run it right now on my car. I'll admit it. As soon as I get the parts together it's going bye-bye. I'm sick of hearing people defend Flowmaster systems for our cars.
                  yep, flowmaster is the cheap way out...and u get what you pay for....

Comment

I have Flowmaster and I think it sounds pretty good, but thats probably because I haven't heard anything else in person.

So now the REAL question... would the Cherry Bomb sound better than the Flowmaster? The thing is, I can have this done very cheap. The Cherry Bomb is only like 10 bucks, and my friend can weld very well. So I was thinking even if I didn't like the Cherry Bomb, I could put the Flowmaster back on.

On a side note, I'm getting a rattling kinda sound now. I can't tell if its coming from my exhaust or somewhere in my lower engine. I know its not coming from the upper engine. It only does it when I rev, not at idle. My mom thinks it might be the cat. It also could be half of the oil level sensor that didn't come out of the oil pan when I replaced it. I dunno. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

I have Flowmaster and I think it sounds pretty good, but thats probably because I haven't heard anything else in person.

So now the REAL question... would the Cherry Bomb sound better than the Flowmaster? The thing is, I can have this done very cheap. The Cherry Bomb is only like 10 bucks, and my friend can weld very well. So I was thinking even if I didn't like the Cherry Bomb, I could put the Flowmaster back on.

On a side note, I'm getting a rattling kinda sound now. I can't tell if its coming from my exhaust or somewhere in my lower engine. I know its not coming from the upper engine. It only does it when I rev, not at idle. My mom thinks it might be the cat. It also could be half of the oil level sensor that didn't come out of the oil pan when I replaced it. I dunno. Any ideas? Thanks.
                      bomb is going to sound terrible!

and its not your oil level sensor, it probably is your cat.

Comment

first if you do it right, it will sound really nice.
                        if your going to go tailpipeless you need an s-pipe and have the exhaust dumped right before the axel. that is what i have and i love it. but i have a borla xr-1 muffler and headers
                        dont want to toot my own horn, but everyone says my car sounds like a v8, just not as loud. And when i rev it, there's almost zero rasp

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                          if your going to go tailpipeless you need an s-pipe and have the exhaust dumped right before the axel. that is what i have and i love it. but i have a borla xr-1 muffler and headers
                          dont want to toot my own horn, but everyone says my car sounds like a v8, just not as loud. And when i rev it, there's almost zero rasp
                          The S-pipe is the one right after the cat, right? If so, I have it already. I was looking under my car yesterday and I would have to do it after the S pipe because I don't have any room right after my cat lol.
                          Finally someone who likes it! Then again, you do have a Borla, which will probably make all the difference.

About the noise, my dad and I are pretty sure its my clutch. There's also a squeaking sound, and we think its the throwout bearing. Good thing I finally found another job. :( Again, thanks for all the input guys. I'll try it and post my results.

Comment

I have a rattle similar to what you described. It's my cat. I ordered pacesetter headers with a hi flow cat and magnaflow catback. I was gonna order a bullet as well, just want to wait to see what my car sounds like first. I used the cat as an excuse to upgrade the whole exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                              Your car sounds like a helicopter.

And NO the glasspack will not sound better than a flowmaster.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X