Smooth Bellows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Bellows

Would a LT1 smooth bellow work on a 97 3.8 with a CAI? I don't think it will since I have the angled TB, but just checking. If not, I may attempt to make my own (4" pipe at 90* with a reducer)
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Smooth Bellows

i dont think that is needed on our cars, but i could be wrong

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I'm just wondering to see if I can replace the crappy looking rubber elbow I have with one.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

Yeah theres a big crease in the elbow and I think it's holding back a decent amoutn of power. If somehow we could get it all the same size. Also how big can we go with the intake pipe? Could something like 6" wide and reduce down to 4" be effective?

Comment

Well, the throttle body supposedly is 3 3/4". Having 6" then reduced to 4" would be kind of pointless. It'd be like a bottleneck in your exhaust, except in your intake. It may all flow well through the 6" peices, but once it hits the reducer, it'd be just like having 4" intake. It may make it sound abit different, but I'm not too sure. I think I'm gonna buy a 4" to 3" rubber reducer, then stick a peice of 3" pipe into it and see where I go from there.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

But then thats like saying all intakes would be pointless unless it's directly from the throttle body. Because it'll hit the smooth bellow and get smaller again.

Comment

i just used 3" ID piping for my intake... pvc piping that is. from the throttle body to the filter. worked out great, consistant size and flow. though i measure the ID of my piping and it's like some wack like 3 1/4" lol... anyways, i couldn't imagine having 4" or bigger since it's not really needed on our cars, and it'd be quite a b**** to put that big of piping on our cars. i now know why there aren't too many full intake systems for our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by firechicken3800
                i just used 3" ID piping for my intake... pvc piping that is. from the throttle body to the filter. worked out great, consistant size and flow. though i measure the ID of my piping and it's like some wack like 3 1/4" lol... anyways, i couldn't imagine having 4" or bigger since it's not really needed on our cars, and it'd be quite a b**** to put that big of piping on our cars. i now know why there aren't too many full intake systems for our cars.
                What did you use to hold everything to the tb? Clamp?

Comment

i used a rubber pvc pipe connection. 3" - 3" piece. i think that was the most expensive piece about my intake setup, besides the filter. though it did take a little effort to get it to go over the TB at first, but after i got it on there the first time, and let my car run(illegally drove it down the road) it fits a lot better, and easier now. i did have to cut about 1/4 of it off so the pvc 90* elbow would fit between the TB and radiator. i also cut an angle into that elbow for a better fit, but i dont think you'd have to do that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X