damn egr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn egr

i honestly dont know what to do with this thing. i keep having problems with where the egr meets the headers. it was leaking a bit a few months ago, so i tried sealing it with mr gasket stuff. now... this

i need it to pass emmissions, so i dont think im going to !egr just yet. but it sounds like crap, and smells (i like the smell, my parents dont... and its their house lol)

i havent been able to find a part number for this gasket, should i just weld it up for now?
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: damn egr

re-Mr. Gasket it
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

copper RTV FTW

Comment

i just put my headers on and my erg tube ended up getting a little bent at the end ( that goes into the header ) so it wasnt sealing. so i ended up getting a block off plate, which is also leaking now.

i just got done making 2 gaskets, and using slightly more than anough copper RTV. we'll see how it holds up now.

the block off plate sucks becuase its so thick, and with there only being ne bolt down the bottom, the top part isnt clamped tight, so it leaks.

i really have no clue what to tell you, use lots of gasket maker, might help.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

There was a thread that talked about using a EGR gasket from a LT1 (I think). That is was I did and it works perfectly. That gasket has holes for two bolts to hold it together, one is not used in our case. Have to wonder why our cars didnt have two bolts to hold it as well.
          Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

because it doesn't need it stock
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

how hard is it to pass inspection with the egr blocked off? i just dont have $ right now to get it tuned or anything...
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                how hard is it to pass inspection with the egr blocked off? i just dont have $ right now to get it tuned or anything...
                it all depends on where you go, i passed not to long ago with it blocked off, SES light on, and the tube for the egr just hanging there ( didnt have the time to put that block off plate on )

it vary's by state alot, but also from shop to shop.

maybe you could block it off, then use some gasket maker and kinda glue the egr tube to the block off plate, so then it would look like its hooked up.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X