Gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mileage

I was reading up on the main site last night about all the mods and everything. I was wondering, by upgrading the intake, headers, exhaust and the whole 9 yards...does it lower your gas mileage? or does it help it out?

Thanks
    Sean
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Gas mileage

helps
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

id say they help quite a bit. if your looking for straight up gas mileage increase, you should make sure you change your air filter when it gets dirty. also, if you have high mileage on your engine look into replacing your oxygen(o2) sensor. seafoam isnt a terrible idea either; i just did it and love it. theres a good write up about seafoam here
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Automatic to Manual converted
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

i average 23 mpg...not bad for a cammed, full bolt-on car with 4.10 gears

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
          i average 23 mpg...not bad for a cammed, full bolt-on car with 4.10 gears
          ****... i could barely get that when i had 3.08s.. :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
            ****... i could barely get that when i had 3.08s.. :(
            Amazing what our cars can do when you don't drive like a teenager w/ a sports car

Comment

Amazing what our cars can do when you don't drive like a teenager w/ a sports car
              lol

I have 3.42s, last time I figured it, it was 26.73mpg..
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i have 342s (and blower and cam and stall) and i get around 22 mpg.
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I have saved gas by turning off the engine when I am sitting at a light i know is a l o n g light. No use burning gas to sit and go nowhere. it helps
                  Phil

Comment

Who's the teenager?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I'm 18 but I don't drive like a maniac. And believe me I know those type, my friend with a mustang is that type. I rarely go over 3k rpms, but it seems like my gas mileage sucks really bad.
                      2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

im 16 and i dont drive like the usual sterotype of teenagers with sports cars either. i get around 25 mpg, probably more now that i seafoamed my car.
                        1999 v6 Camaro M5
                        Automatic to Manual converted
                        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

I'm one of those teenagers that drive like maniacs. Gotta live up to my stereotype :P

BTW-I average about 22MPG usually only going under 2500RPM cuz of traffic/red light
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

flowmaster and whisper lid plus K&N are the only mods on my 98 bird and i get 30 on the highway and around 25 in town... i love it. I don't baby it a whole lot and shift around 3k or 4k alot. I'm heading to TN for Rod Run and i'm planning on seeing what kinda gas mileage i can get out of it on a full tank non stop.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
                              I have saved gas by turning off the engine when I am sitting at a light i know is a l o n g light. No use burning gas to sit and go nowhere. it helps
                              too bad engine start-up is one of the most stressfull times for your engine

Originally posted by Fireball27
                              Who's the teenager?
                              Who says you have to be one to act like a kid who thinks his camaro is the Mach 5?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X