no muffler or cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no muffler or cat?

Im currently running no muffler or cat just pipe dumped after the axles, i like how it sounds but i was wondering if there will be any problems running this with no resistance, i plan on finishing it out the back like a normal catback just without any mufflers.

Re: no muffler or cat?

no problem with that, unless you have to pass inspection, that might be a slight issue.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Your loosing low end but gaining it up top. SO its a lose/win situation.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
      '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

on a v6? i hate how wide open exhaust sounds on our cars, my cut outs only been half open like 3 times

Comment

you'll be fine, you'll just wake up the neiborhood every time you start it as im sure you know
          chey16 i dont understnd what your saying

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
            Your loosing low end but gaining it up top. SO its a lose/win situation.
            That about it, I have a really open muffler on my Iroc and no cat... Heh makes me shoot flames on shifts and when I let off the gas at high rpm.. Not too bad though, only about 6-8"..

*Still waiting to get the ticket, I'll get a copy laminated and put it in my glove box*
            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I have heard of people on LS1tech warping the exhaust valve due to cold air coming back through and hitting the hot valve.

Comment

Originally posted by ZO6vette037
                I have heard of people on LS1tech warping the exhaust valve due to cold air coming back through and hitting the hot valve.
                That also can happen... It's a good idea to put tips like the borla that are intercooled to keep drawing the hot air back. It's not as bad with the v6 simply because you don't have THAT much air but it can happen.
                1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
                  you'll be fine, you'll just wake up the neiborhood every time you start it as im sure you know
                  chey16 i dont understnd what your saying
                  im just saying is basically just like a cut out only all the way at the back of the car i think its going to be more obnoxious than loud

Comment

ya i ran open headers for a while...sounds splattery

Comment

i personally hate how that sounds.. i had no cat for about 3 mins... turned around and had it put back on..... NO muffler and no cat is going to kill your low end. I mean kill it... Just get a borla system like i did....I bought a borla XR-1 muffler (112$) and had bigger piping put on. Much better and ur low end is still there... If u want top end power..... Go get a V-TEC lol-
                      Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X