Bipassed Resonator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bipassed Resonator?

I've been wondering what this is. On Kristen's description under her car on the Featured F-Body, it says she has one? Any idea?

Re: Bipassed Resonator?

it means that she cut out the i-pipe and put a straight pipe in place of the Resonator.

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

so that big resonator box that came with my Flowmaster exhaust is just taken out? Put a straight pipe in?

And by the way...how much sound does that resonator really actually reduce?

Comment

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro
        so that big resonator box that came with my Flowmaster exhaust is just taken out? Put a straight pipe in?

And by the way...how much sound does that resonator really actually reduce?
        i havent done it yet but i herd it makes alot louder on the inside and it problily sound better on the outside. but i dont know how much rasp you will notice when you take it off.
        btw if you dont like it you can always weld it back on:)

-Y87
        Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8
          i havent done it yet but i herd it makes alot louder on the inside and it problily sound better on the outside. but i dont know how much rasp you will notice when you take it off.
          btw if you dont like it you can always weld it back on:)
          you wont regret taking it off... it sounds way better with it off
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

so i can just buy a regular resonator pipe with no box or anything from farm n fleet or somewhere, stick it on, and it should make a good difference?

Comment

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro
              so i can just buy a regular resonator pipe with no box or anything from farm n fleet or somewhere, stick it on, and it should make a good difference?
              Just go to your local autoparts store and get a 2.5" piece of pipe about a foot long... make sure the ends of it have a 2.5" inner diameter so that it will slip over the existing exhaust where you cut the resonator off. Clamp it together, and then take it to a shop to get it welded.
              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

just get a pipe with only one 2.5 ID end. Then expand your i-pipe where you cut it so you can slide it in.

Comment

it really does sound better. just have to work with what you have in your set up. i took a gamble doing it with mine with my intake, headers, exhaust etc. what is your full set up?
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                    it really does sound better. just have to work with what you have in your set up. i took a gamble doing it with mine with my intake, headers, exhaust etc. what is your full set up?
                    could you post a pic of what you did?

-Y87

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
                      just get a pipe with only one 2.5 ID end. Then expand your i-pipe where you cut it so you can slide it in.
                      I would think that having to expand the I-pipe would be more work than getting a pipe that would already fit over it?
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X