lower intake manifold gasket question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lower intake manifold gasket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower intake manifold gasket question

hi, i replaced my manifold gaskets about 3 1/2 yrs ago and now i have a very small leak around the front rubber seal (its more like the seal just has moisture on it cause its not actually dripping water). i know they have a 2nd design lower manifold gasket that is suppose to be for the 98+ engines. however, is there any difference in the 95-97 and 98-02 3.8 lower manifolds? the #s are ms95809 (1st design til 97) and ms95809-1 (2nd design 98+). the rubber end seals appear to be different on the 2nd design. has anyone ever used the 2nd design on a 95-97? seems to me like it work without any trouble but i'd like someone thats done it to confirm. thanks for any help

Re: lower intake manifold gasket question

Don't quote me on this, but I'm almost positive you can use the 98+ model on the 95+ intake. Just make sure the seal is tight and you should be good.

I also remember (I think) reading somewhere on here about someone that has already did this. So if that is the case, I would wait for them to give a reply.

Comment

Re: lower intake manifold gasket question

Im bringing up an old thread, but I am doing the intake this weekend and if the design 2 will work on my 96 I want to use it. Please let me know. It seems it would be easier with locating pins. Thank you!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X