borla xr-1 muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borla xr-1 muffler?

i looked and i dont think i saw a sound clip about this but....

i was wondering if anyone has the single in/out borla xr-1 muffler on their car.
    if i buy one i would be putting it in the ipipe and then dumping it right at the end of the muffler, right under the rear axle.
    could anyone describe what it would sound like?
    do you think it would sound ricey?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: borla xr-1 muffler?

you need a little more back pressure than that, i would reccomend you continue the pipes to the back and have a dual exit, kind of like how the TSP rumbler and loudmouth exhaust systems are set up. i havent heard a clip of the borla xr1 but i would be interested in it as well.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

no he doesnt
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

The exhaust will prob droan inside the car more than if you had the pipes
        ran out the back of the car. Remeber, we drive v6's. They might sound
        decent at idle but once the rpm's start to climb it'll start sounding crappier.

Don't worry about not having enough "backpressure".

Go for it and then post a sound clip.....haha

Comment

trust me, you will need more backpressure unless you want reversion. is it an m5 or a4?
          Dave:
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

a4, i bought the muffler and ill make a post when i get the work done. if i need more back pressure ill get some tail pipes

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

sound clip too! haha
              Dave:
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

yeah it pretty much sounds amazing, the flowmaster i had on before pretty much sucked ***. ill make a post of a clip when i find the cord to hook it up to my computer.

Comment

hey hows your torque with that xr1, does it just make too much noise when you just berily press the gas like a half open cut out or is it good? thought about getting 1 but im worried about low end

Comment

torque is fine but if loudness is a problem for you dont bother, mayb it wouldnt be that bad but i have it dumped at the rear axel. The exhaust guys that did it were really surprised at how nice it sounded. all they work on is basicly v8 f-bodies and they told me it sounded like a v8, not as loud as a v8 but said that you couldnt tell it was a v6. Also it completly got rid of my rasp

Comment

Through whole RPM range? id like a clip :)

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
                      '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
                      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

oh dont get me wrong i want LOUD but i just dont want it to sound funny like im going way faster than i am cuz i know when my cut out is even half open i can be doing 10 mph and it sounds like im doing 50 or 60 thats why i never open it anymore

Comment

damn i really want to post a clip, check back in the exhaust section later nonight, around 8 ill jsut barrow my buddies camera when he gets off of work
                          Last edited by Meatyshells; 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Are you going to post a sound clip? I've been thinking of this set up but would love to hear it before i try it! (hopefully it sounds as good as you say)

Comment

im uploading a clip to youtube now, says its still processing them. ill post it when you tube is finished

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X