Gutted Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted Cat

So I ordered my 3" exhaust parts from Summit today. Now the person installing my set-up shas a 3"/3" gutted cat that I could have. Is it worth it to get it, or will it make my exhaust sound raspy as heck?

Re: Gutted Cat

get a catco hi flo...$50 on ebay

and get some headers too
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i agree, the gutted cat will make the car be much raspier and pop more when reving down, unless thats what you want ide get the headers, but its your call :)

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
      89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

WEll the whole headers thing isnt a simple solution for me, I dont want to worry bout the install and paying for them, lol. So I guess Ill just order a new Hi-Flo....so the gutted cat will def. make it sound crappier?

Comment

Originally posted by 1996F-bird
          WEll the whole headers thing isnt a simple solution for me, I dont want to worry bout the install and paying for them, lol. So I guess Ill just order a new Hi-Flo....so the gutted cat will def. make it sound crappier?
          yea...go hi flow...perf will be about the same and it will sound better
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

hi-flo cat ftw
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

car wont pop/crackle as bad with a high flow, and your car wont smell like gas. the performance difference isnt that much anyway, barely anything.
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Either replace it with a straight pipe or get a catco/carsound cat

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Hiflo is a good option

Comment

Hi flo is a good option for you, but if you don't have the extra money go with a straight pipe :)

Either way, you are most likely going to have to get an o2 sim for the post cat sensors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X