Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat

so i've searched and i'm still not sure... i'm under the impression that high flow cats cause the ses light to come on, but the headers have nothing to do with it.

so my question is which cats (besides stock) don't cause it to throw a code, and how do you fix it?

i've got a magnaflow cat back, and i'd like to get pacesetters and a high flow cat, but i live in PA so i gotta pass emissions and can't have the ses light on..

thanks, John.

Re: Cat

the only thing to set my SES light off was the cam. I had headers on my car, and a high-flow cat and never heard a peep out of the SES...the thing people are talking about with cats setting off the SES is when the cat itself malfunctions...so a stock cat can set off the SES just like an aftermarket one

Comment

no, what people are talking about is because of the high flow design, it doesn't meet manufactures/federal standards which cause a code to set. getting an 02 sim for the 02 sensor after the cat will get ride of it. i am not awair that there are any aftermarket high flow cats that do not set codes. there are some who do not ever get one but most do.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

So how do I get her to not throw the code?

Comment

get an 02 sim

Comment

and they actually work? because i heard they suck...

Comment

if you buy a casper electronics sim....that brand works well

Comment

alright, well thank you. i'll do that then.

Comment

I got a magnaflow cat, and i havent got a light yet. i have other worse problems tho. good luck trying to put it on urself. i hate myself right now. i wish i never touched my cat
                  Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00
                    I got a magnaflow cat, and i havent got a light yet. i have other worse problems tho. good luck trying to put it on urself. i hate myself right now. i wish i never touched my cat
                    it takes all of 45 seconds to put on a cat. i did my whole cat back ( including cat ) by myself in my driveway, its not hard at all.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

the sims from 3800 performance work just fine as well

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                        the sims from 3800 performance work just fine as well
                        thats what im using and its working so far( almost 600 miles ), i have an SES light but not becuase of that.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i'm not worried about the install of the cat, i'll be putting headers on to so i imagine they'll be more of a pita than the cat will be

but uhh... elaborate on what your problem was? what happened?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X