Y87 Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87 Package

Anyone who has the y87 package can you post a pic of the way your dual echaust looks? i want to see if they all look the same. because i saw a dual firebird that was setup the same way as the camaro and the exhaust looked completley diffrent, and btw does the camaro have a y87 package as well?

Re: Y87 Package

Yes the y87 package comes on both cars. The exhaust for the package on both cars should be very much similar becaust they woud get dumped at the rear bumper. I would give u a pic of my car but Its moded way past the stock point and I didnt take any original pics of the car.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Old pic that I had to photoshop so you could see the muffler. They should be the same for camaros and firebirds. Dual turn downs.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
        Anyone who has the y87 package can you post a pic of the way your dual echaust looks? i want to see if they all look the same. because i saw a dual firebird that was setup the same way as the camaro and the exhaust looked completley diffrent, and btw does the camaro have a y87 package as well?
        You're sure neither car was modded? I had my sfcs put on at an exhaust shop, and, spur of the moment, got exhaust tips as well. It's the only cosmetic mod on my car, the stock tips are SO lame.
        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

there is my car bone stock when i bought it except the license plate frame.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I just found that I have the Y87 Package(at least I have the exhaust seen above); Can someone tell me a little more about it. I saw on the sticky that had a few upgrades. I was planning on getting an exhaust upgrade soon; should I stay with this one. Is there any HP diffrent in the Y87?

Comment

Originally posted by joshbrown38
              I just found that I have the Y87 Package(at least I have the exhaust seen above); Can someone tell me a little more about it. I saw on the sticky that had a few upgrades. I was planning on getting an exhaust upgrade soon; should I stay with this one. Is there any HP diffrent in the Y87?
              hp is the same.

but you had 3.42 gearing with a limited slip differential.

you can still get exhaust upgrades.

and be careful, just cause you have dual exhaust doesnt always mean Y87. I would call your vin in to a local checy dealership, they will be able to tell you for sure.

Comment

Check the numbers on your door sill or the glove box. It will say Y87 if you have it. There are other things besides dual exhaust and 3.42s are only if you have an automatic.

Comment

Y87= 3.42s (A4), LSD, tighter steering ratio(same as Z28), dual exit exhaust, 4-wheel disc
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

well i have the dual exhaust but it's not like yours? it's got dual outlits like two outlits per exhaust tip and their shinny, kinda like the bora, but it's not as loud, and that makes me wonder if it's either the y87 or just duald out? some other way

Comment

i have the Y87 package. the m5 cars come with a 3.23 LSD and the a4s come with the 3.42 LSD. theo nly other difference is the 4wheel disc, quick ratio steering, and the dual exit exhaust. alot of Y87's also came with a factory "performance suspension" package. just find the option code list online, open your door and see what you have

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaroY87
                        alot of Y87's also came with a factory "performance suspension" package.
                        No factory "performance suspension" package was ever offered for a V6.

http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html
                        Last edited by FirebirdGT; 12-08-2006, 10:32 PM.
                        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i could be mistaken, but i thought i found a code on my door that matched up to a suspension package code in my factory srvice manuals, i'll looki ti up when i get home. it has been a while since i decoded everything on my door so like i said i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaroY87
                            i could be mistaken, but i thought i found a code on my door that matched up to a suspension package code in my factory srvice manuals, i'll looki ti up when i get home. it has been a while since i decoded everything on my door so like i said i could be wrong.

F41? That's a stock V6 suspension.
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
                              well i have the dual exhaust but it's not like yours? it's got dual outlits like two outlits per exhaust tip and their shinny, kinda like the bora, but it's not as loud, and that makes me wonder if it's either the y87 or just duald out? some other way
                              look for a brand marking on your muffler. someone could have simply just switched the tips also. Something I would have done if i had the y87 muffler.
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X