Cleaning upper and lower intake question. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning upper and lower intake question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning upper and lower intake question.

Okay so it is really dirty in there. Like super gunky. 126K worth of it. I have a new block low milage block and heads, but should I clean my lower and upper, change fuel injectors (orig ones :0). Might this be robbing power and adding foul potential to the rest of the system? Also what type of fuel injectors would you recommend. I will be taking my car as far as a moderate cam but will not be doing any FI/SPRAY. One last question, While I am certinally not going to port my own stuff, could/should I polish it or would just cleaning the layers of gunk be enough. Just soak it in seafoam?

Re: Cleaning upper and lower intake question.

oven cleaner. Spray and let sit, rinse and dry. If you got a dremel and some patients you could polish (not port) just polish the runners and chambers. Just don't be too aggressive with it and get plenty of those pads to do it.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I would get some engine degreaser to clean off the manifolds.

as for injectors, either get some stock replacements or used GTP injectors, hwoever if you upgrade injectors you are going to need your computer tuned for them.

i wouldnt mess around with P&P unless it is done professionally.

Comment

1. Where could you go to get your intake Port&Polished? Im guessing a local mechanic?
        2.Also I was going to P&P my camaro, but how effective will a port fe for my car w/o porting the MAF?
        3. And my last question is can you swap in a 99+ intake on a 98 to get rid of the angled TB?
        Last edited by RyanAndyBob; 11-08-2007, 10:20 AM.
        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

I used carb/intake cleaner and toothbrush worked great...

thought it was a cheap toothbrush I snagged from work, and the plastic handle started to melt.

Comment

Pics?
            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
            - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X