Does a flowmaster 80 series take power or just not add it? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a flowmaster 80 series take power or just not add it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a flowmaster 80 series take power or just not add it?

I've heard good things about the sound of the flowmaster 80 series, but some people say that they rob power. Do they actually flow worse than the stock exhaust, or just not add performance like a magnaflow system does? Does anybody have a dyno sheet to prove what they claim?

Thanks,
    Frank

Re: Does a flowmaster 80 series take power or just not add it?

I dont know about the power but it seemed a bit better, not much. The sound was better but again not by much. Kinda quiet at idle but louder than stock when you gun it i think. With my pacesetter headers(ceramic coated) high flow cat and custom 2.5" s-pipe it sound pretty good. Loud but not obnoxious(<sphellahng ars harrrd doh) loud and sounds pretty good. Pretty good rumble, alil throaty, but still not a v8 which is ok. its still louder than my vett, for now ne way.

you do sacrafice a lil lowend since you are freeing up back pressure but its minimal and you gain more overall and top end since it flows better.

there is always the 40 series flowmaster and more agressive mufflers that are more free flowing or none at all it all depends on your needs.
    Last edited by RicE-ter; 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM.
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

This has been talked about a bit. This article done by popular hot rodding seems to answer exactly what you are asking.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...2002_v6_fbody/

Comment

Originally posted by camaro862gcj
        This has been talked about a bit. This article done by popular hot rodding seems to answer exactly what you are asking.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...2002_v6_fbody/
        Thanks for the link. It was definitely a great read, and even though I wasn't needing an anwser to this dilema I still enjoyed it. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X