Want to get exhaust, but no idea what to do. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to get exhaust, but no idea what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get exhaust, but no idea what to do.

Ok I have $450 right now, looking to spend it on exhaust.. my first question is, it that enough money to get a decent system?

Ok... if it is, what would you suggest? I saw a magnaflow for the 3.8l on
    eBay for $427 + free shipping. The thing is, I have listened to all of the soundclips on this site + more.. but most of you have extra things done other than just the cat-back system you would buy.

What are my options (if any) for $450? Don't take into consideration the install cost.. I will have that taken care of.

The sound I am going for is a throaty V8 type sound.. you all know exactly what i'm talking about :) . The reason for that isn't because I am trying to pose as a V8 or something.. it's just that I like that sound, and that's what I want. So, thanks ahead of time.

Re: Want to get exhaust, but no idea what to do.

V8 sound on a V6 is impossible. It'll never happen. Get used to it.

I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my car, and it sounds pretty good until around 4000 RPM. Then it starts to rasp.

combined with a CAI (on the '93-97s) or a Whisper lid ('98+), the intake will add some rumble to the overall noise under acceleration.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

magnaflow seems to be everyones favorite, i like flowmaster and it sounds good on my v6 but i just have the muffler. With 450 bux, unless you are really wanting to make your car faster and better looking, then save the money, buy a muffler and then use the rest for some other things.

Other then that, 450 should be enough for magnaflow, i think on ebay they go for around that.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

if you have the install cost under control, then why don't you save the most money you can and just buy a muffler on ebay, and have a shop bend your pipes for you, or goto jegs and buy the u-joint and make it an s-pipe like many suggest, then they would really only need to do the over-axle pipe and pipes from the muffler. I think $450 is wayy more than you need to do that job.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

to get the V8 sound you either need a V8 or a good recording...

seriously a v6 will always sound like a v6 but some v6's sound bad as hell.

i remeber mine sounded good at idle with the cutout but got raspy at higher rpms.
          2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion317
            V8 sound on a V6 is impossible. It'll never happen. Get used to it.

Well you can get pretty damn close then, because I have heard a couple sound clips but I don't remember what they had.

Comment

i had a local shop custom mandrel bend and weld up a system for me...they cut the back of the cat open to fit a 2.5in pipe then bent the pipe to go over the axel and into a flowmatser 80 series then dual outs to 3.5in stainless tips...the phucker rumbles i,ve been told u can hear my little 3.4 about a half mile away...no bull$hit...thats with stock headers too and a k&n filter...not cold air...all for $400...so if u live in south jersey or east pa check out petersons performance exaust...awsome stuff...and u can make a v6 rumble like an 8...u just got to know ur $hit or pay somebody who does O!! and avoid exaust clamps like aids..#1 sound killer

Comment

Down payment on a different car. I wouldn't bother putting any money towards a V6 CAMARO or V6 FIREBIRD. That's what they are V6's not V8's. They are V6's and they are slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                  Down payment on a different car. I wouldn't bother putting any money towards a V6 CAMARO or V6 FIREBIRD. That's what they are V6's not V8's. They are V6's and they are slow.
                  These type of people piss me off. :spank:

Comment

haha, i've seen plenty of v6 birds and camaro's that would blow your mind.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

if you go w/flowmaster, id strongly suggest the 40 series. its the most aggressive sounding muffler they sell. i have it on my '99 and love it. sounds mean and throaty at idle and low speeds and humms like a bird at hwy speeds
                      \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

What are you talking about? He never said anything other than he wanted opinions about a deeper sounding exhaust. He never mentioned performance. Go home and dont come on here and bash our cars!! :twak:

V6 F-Body FTW!!!!! :rock:
                        Originally posted by kala
                        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

lol...sorry I once enjoyed my V6 Camaro I guess. Just down because I am constantly putting money into the car and I take good care of it. Oil at 3k, tranny + rear every 10k. And im going down the highway in cruise at ~2500 rpm normal temp + oil psi and clak clak clak I get a spun bearing just like that. Also kind of sad when a ricer with intake + exhaust is running high 14's and we are struggling for low 15's with intake + exhaust.

Comment

lol...sorry I once enjoyed my V6 Camaro I guess. Just down because I am constantly putting money into the car and I take good care of it. Oil at 3k, tranny + rear every 10k. And im going down the highway in cruise at ~2500 rpm normal temp + oil psi and clak clak clak I get a spun bearing just like that. Also kind of sad when a ricer with intake + exhaust is running high 14's and we are struggling for low 15's with intake + exhaust.
                            theres always someone faster man. for some, a v6 camaro is all that is fesible (insurance, gas, etc.) others it is a started point to learn to mod before they get something faster. your situation was just bad luck.

FBody's rule!
                            2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

do you need help getting that stick out of your @$$? this is a v6 site for v6 PERFORMANCE. :spank:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X