Morosa CAI (HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morosa CAI (HELP)

So im planning on buying a moroso cai from a friend. Replacing my Chrome full intake from ebay which got all rusty is a pita to clean. He took it outta his Lt1, so its just the cai without the elbow.

My question is will this intake elbow work with it or no..

www.intakehoses.com

is it just me or is site down?

also, anyone feel an improvement after the install of this system or no. did you hear the sucking sound..

pro and cons please.

thanks for any help!
    Last edited by gugdathug3; 10-30-2006, 07:45 PM.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Re: Morosa CAI (HELP)

I think what you need is a 1LE elbow.
    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

I've got the same thing on my 97 3.8. I saw an awesome gain from it, and it sounds incredible. When I first put it in and got on the throttle, my friend had thought I put a turbo in cuz of the sound. I used the reucing 4-3 elbow from intake hoses, along with a 3" coupler. Put the elbow on the TB, the coupler onto the elbow, and then the coupler onto the intake. Is your friend giving you the block-off plate as well? If not, I'd try and get him to give it to you if he has it, that way it won't take in any hot air from the engine bay. In my 3.8, it was a tight fit, but with abit of forcing, it all slid right in. Only problem I see is the IAT sensor may be in the way of the fuse box. I've got the IAT resistor mod crap though, so I didn't worry about it (thinking about taking it off one of these days). Like I said, it's a pretty tight fit, but it'll go in. And once you get it in, you'll be happy you got it:banana:
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Haha, angled throttlebody ftl :tdown:

.... mind you that stupid bit of sheet metal that SLP calls a CAI was a pita to install as well.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27

.... mind you that stupid bit of sheet metal that SLP calls a CAI was a pita to install as well.

Mine's angled, and it went right in. gugdathug3, what year and engine is your car?
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27

Try telling that to Shirl, Viper, Linx, and James. :)

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
              Mine's angled, and it went right in. gugdathug3, what year and engine is your car?
              hah look in my sig. also can you please provide me with the links to the intake elbows. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                hah look in my sig. also can you please provide me with the links to the intake elbows. thanks!
                O, duh :slaps self in face:

As for the elbow, I used THIS, and then the sleeve I used something like THIS. the actual sleeve I used was form Home Depot (my dad bought it to make him a CAI :D ), but that link is pretty much the same thing. You have the same engien and TB as I do, so I know it will go in there. But, like I've said, it's going to be a tight fit. I'd recommened hooking the elbow to the TB, and then the rest to the intake. Then slide the intake in, and the rubber elbow on sleeve will give you some room to workit into place.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                  O, duh :slaps self in face:

As for the elbow, I used THIS, and then the sleeve I used something like THIS. the actual sleeve I used was form Home Depot (my dad bought it to make him a CAI :D ), but that link is pretty much the same thing. You have the same engien and TB as I do, so I know it will go in there. But, like I've said, it's going to be a tight fit. I'd recommened hooking the elbow to the TB, and then the rest to the intake. Then slide the intake in, and the rubber elbow on sleeve will give you some room to workit into place.

Thanks a lot man. One more question tho, do you have any pics of it installed? :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X