Question about SSRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SSRA

Im looking to buy this, If I drive in the rain will water get into my engine and if anyone has some good pics of their SSRA could you post them, thanks

Re: Question about SSRA

a buddy of mine had it on his 99 z28. i was going to buy it.. 2 days before i we were going to sign the papers, he hit a deep puddle of water, the ssra sucked up a bunch of water, and hydrolocked the motor.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

so should i get it or not?

Comment

Ive had it for 3 1/2 years & had no problems. Your buddy just had some bad luck.

Comment

I have had it for years with no problems. you buddy was a tard for going through a deep puddle in an f-body
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

well it was pouring down rain. nothing he could do about it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

I was going to get it for christmas but my parents wont buy it so ill have to pay for it myself, unfortunatly it wont be anytime soon, but ill get it eventually, thanks for the quick feedback

Comment

No problem.

Comment

If i were to block off the intake hole with something while its raining, would the engine still run

Comment

yeah, if you leave the front of the air box open. your not going to want to **** with your intake system every time it rains. if your so worried about it, get something else.
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I really wouldnt worry about it, thousands of people have it. Only a handful have had problems and its just a rare situation not really the parts fault.

Comment

ya i wanted that but i live in massachusetts, and i really wouldnt wanna take that on and off every year for the rain and snow, could i leave it on or should i get the slp ram air and could i leave that on all year, camaro is daily driver gotta stick oit out thru the snow-boo

Comment

You'd have to drive through a small pond to get any water sucked up into the SSRA.

Like silversixx said, it's not the part's fault for getting water into your engine. Drive smart.
                          \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X