Did I mess up my exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I mess up my exhaust?

My current set up is 3inch piping from the Ypipe all the way back before the rear axle, so no tips. I removed the cat and added an SLP Loudmouth II resonator somewhere running along the driveshaft. I'm still running stock headers and Y pipe. My cars pretty loud, but the resonator toned it down a little bit, but shes still loud. A little raspy but it sounds better than when I had stock piping and a Magna muffler with ws6 tips.

I was reading along the threads and noted that some people were against 3inch piping due to backpressure loss. I'm confused, back when I was doing the piping, I read that it wasnt entirely necessary and going 3'' would be fine. Or maybe I read wrong? Also, would putting back a cat, maybe a high flow one, reduce even more rasp and quiet it down a little more? My aim is to get the most performance I can with the deepest tone I can achieve.

I wouldnt mind putting back the cat if it'll help my car perform better. I'm just concerned if my setup is junk right now or not. Please help, any thoughts?

Re: Did I mess up my exhaust?

there is no perfect setup for the 3.8l. you give up one thing for another
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

yes, i think a high flow cat with lower your torque curve some giving you that umff you want will maintaining a deep tone.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Alright coo, so keep the 3 inches?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X