How Loud is this gonna be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Loud is this gonna be?

Ok right now I have a borla adjustable catback thats "open". Im purchasing headers in the next few days and plan on gutting the cat. How loud do yall think this is going to be? Im not really that worried about it since I can close the plates on the borla to make it less loud. But Im just curious. Also How much of a power increase do yall think Im going to see with the ceramic coated headers and a gutted cat going to an open borla?
    Thanks guys.

Re: How Loud is this gonna be?

with no cat, and the "open" plate its going to be really loud. im 99% sure your'll end up swapping the plates, it'll be too loud and raspy for daily driving. cat's are a decent restriction, even hi-flow ones, you should definatly notice a little more power up top.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

It'll be loud, but its gonna be a raspy loud
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Im also going to be cammed very very soon, this will help with the rasp hu?

Comment

Originally posted by silversixx
          Im also going to be cammed very very soon, this will help with the rasp hu?
          then keep the cat. trust me, just get a high flow one. with the cam your car will be twice as loud. but yes, the cam will help the rasp.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Lol twice as loud, damn. I just dont want to spend the extra money for a high flow cat, lol. Id rather make it quieter with the blockoff plates on the exhaust. So when i go to the track I can take them out and its all nice and open.

Comment

Lol twice as loud, damn. I just dont want to spend the extra money for a high flow cat, lol. Id rather make it quieter with the blockoff plates on the exhaust. So when i go to the track I can take them out and its all nice and open.
              you can get a cat for $50 , jegs, summit, ebay. but yea, cammed cars are LOUD. kristen's car is quite a bit louder than mine and she has a flowmaster mufller where i have practically none.

Comment

Fu*k ebay, I ordered a magnaflow high flow cat from there 4 months ago and it never came in... I called so many times no one answered my calls. Thats was my first time using it. It wont me my last just because I know that is decently rare that those things happen. Just had some bad luck.

Comment

Fu*k ebay, I ordered a magnaflow high flow cat from there 4 months ago and it never came in... I called so many times no one answered my calls. Thats was my first time using it. It wont me my last just because I know that is decently rare that those things happen. Just had some bad luck.
                  then go threw jegs or summit. not all ebay seller's are theives. but they are out there sadly.

Comment

Yea it just sucked that my first encounter with ebay was a bad one.

Comment

I have been very lucky with ebay. Over 300 transactions (50/50 buying vs selling) and I have not even had one bad transaction. Maybe try again, but make sure that you check and read the persons feedback, it can tell you alot.

And yes, your car will be very loud.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                        you can get a cat for $50 , jegs, summit, ebay. but yea, cammed cars are LOUD. kristen's car is quite a bit louder than mine and she has a flowmaster mufller where i have practically none.
                        She also has headers. And intake, which I'm not sure that you have. Have to take that into account.
                        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                          She also has headers. And intake, which I'm not sure that you have. Have to take that into account.
                          he said he's getting headers, and intakes dont do all the much to the volume of the exhuast at all, just deepen it a tad really.

Comment

I have a K&n FIPK, and im ordering headers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X