Cat or no Cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat or no Cat?

Cat or no cat? Should I use a catalytic converter. Im ordering my headers monday and already have a borla catback that has the blockplates "open". I dont really care about emissions tests because i know someone who will pass me. Whats the benefit to having no cat vs. a high flow one. So.. cat or no cat? thanks guys

Re: Cat or no Cat?

well searching on this topic you would find that having a Hi Flow cat. would make it sound better an just a straight pipe with all the rasp that comes with it. And you wont get a fix it ticket when a cop looks under to see if you have a Cat. So I would just got Hi flow.

Comment

Oh and I'm also getting my cam imstalled pretty soon. So i dont now if that will be better with no cat?

Comment

go ahead and get a high flow cat, it will sound really nice with the borla, a straight pipe would make more power but it's not worth it for the sound it gives.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Your saying that it will sound better with a high flow cat, but how? i presume it will not rasp as much, anything else? Ehh I wish that our cars didn't rasp but they will no matter what basically. So I really dont care if it rasps, I'm going to have a cam, headers and basically a straight pipe borla. If anything the cam will help lessen the rasp, I think?

Comment

High flow cat will probably deepen the sound. I'd go that route... that's what I did :D a long time ago. I have a 3" adjustable Borla with a high flow cat. I had a gutted cat a long time ago, as a temporary fix and it sounded like crap. I couldn't wait to get a cat on there. Besides no cat is a $10,000 federal fine. (Not that it would ever happen). Is this a street car or just track duty?
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Just a street car, I hardly ever go to the track. Wow i guess it really makes a pretty big difference in sound. Ill reconisder going with a straight pipe... damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by silversixx
                Just a street car, I hardly ever go to the track. Wow i guess it really makes a pretty big difference in sound. Ill reconisder going with a straight pipe... damnit.
                stupid emissions...i know how ya feel buddy... but hey i had a gutted out cat and got a new magnaflow high flow cat and i didnt feel any difference in power but the sound was deepend and less raspy...and yes our cars are v6's they will most likely have a rasp no matter what u do :(

Comment

I'm hoping that the cam and headers will help with the rasp. Its just that i cant deceide whether to add a high flow cat or go with a straight pipe. Im still leaning towards getting the straight pipe because its less money and more power (not alot I know). But when you really want to go fast, every bit counts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X