Hi Flo Cats are a Joke!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Flo Cats are a Joke!!!

I was talking to a good friend of mine who has been in the exhaust business for over 15 years and he told me that the High Flow Cats are a joke. I was telling him about my exhaust plans and he told me that unless something is wrong with your catalytic converter that exchanging it for a so called High Flow cat was a joke. He says they are the same as a regular cat. He said if there is any increase in flow it is only because the cat has a bigger input and output port. He said this is why they meet all the emmissions requirements. Anyway I really trust this guy so I am going to cross High Flow Cat off my list for upgrades.

Re: Hi Flo Cats are a Joke!!!

:bs: Most of the people here dont do it for horsepower, but for sound. Tame the rasp.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

i dunno my magnaflow looked like you could see right through it.

my stock one on the other hand looked completely filled.

plus my stock one was all busted up inside and rattled.

either way a high flow cat is typically cheaper than a stock replacement so...
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
        i dunno my magnaflow looked like you could see right through it.

my stock one on the other hand looked completely filled.

plus my stock one was all busted up inside and rattled.

either way a high flow cat is typically cheaper than a stock replacement so...
        Same hear. I could see right through my magnaflow and couldn't see s*** through the stock cat.

Comment

there have been many many flow tests published in magazines and by the manufacturers themselves, proving that hi flow cats are indeed superior in flow. They flow more cfms than the factory piece. an exhaust that flows more air is an exhaust that will make more power. your exhaust guy seems to not trust new technology...
          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I just installed a 3 inch catco and 3 inch s-pipe the other day.

VERY big difference over stock on power, frees up so much. Stock cats are good, but dont flowquite as well, and of course after u get like 70k on your car theres no point in buying a stock one.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
            Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
            http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

when i got my magnaflow the guy that took the stock 1 off said half of it was gone on the inside so when i put mine on it seemed like it robbed some power and got alot quieter...i wasnt happy with mine and still not really happy bout it...165$ down the drain:(

Comment

$165??!!? I payed 30 for my carsound (magnaflow) cat brand new, and most people get em free with an exhaust
                K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

165$ installed...i didnt buy anything else with it

Comment

lol my reply got deleted.

Comment

gotta keep it constructive if you can help it :)
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

look here http://www.randomtechnology.com/tests.html
                        2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Originally posted by Silv6
                          yea, random tech cats are sopossed to be the best in the biz, then magnaflow i belive. i didnt click on the link so i dont know what it is, but theres flow test results on ls1tech.
                          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X