Dual Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Air Intake

I saw this thread http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=55966 and I'm really interested to know if this works as well as a regular CAI. There wasn't any response after he posted the pics, so I dunno if it works well or not. Has anyone tried this? If so, are there any noticable performance increases? Thanks.

Re: Dual Air Intake

If you look at the pics, the kind of Y-pipe he used it kinda stupid. The air resistance for the right intake filter would be a ton. The air would have to completely change direction and add into another air stream. NTM the location of the filters is not in the best area for getting the coldest air.

A normal CAI or a normal home built cai would work a lot better if you ask me.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Lol now that you mention it it does seem like a bad idea. Anyway, I was telling my friend today about my plans to home make a CAI and he said that it's a waste of time and money because the computer automatically meters out the air/fuel mixture. He says that the added pressure and slightly cooler air doesn't really do anything. Is this right? What exactly does the CAI do for our cars, and is it worth it?

Comment

our engines are big air pumps. the upgraded intake system allows for a more free flowing, intake of air. more air results in more fuel which equals more power
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X