Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasspack?

Ok here is what I want to do...

I want to put a glasspack on my car to replace the stock muffler. Will there be enough space by the driveshaft for me to cut out a section of the mid-pipe and place a glasspack in place of the piece I cut out?

If so will two glasspacks be louder back-to-back?

Here is what I kinda want:

Matt-

Re: Glasspack?

lol glasspacs dont sound to great man ever hear them
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Ahhhh, now see when i wanted to do this there was no one to tell me not too... luckily for you thats not the case here.

Don't do it. Yes there is room, yes it will work, yes it will sound terrible. Trust me. I know. I had the exact same setup... for like a week, then i got rid of it. It'll be loud, and obnoxious, and any time you'll drive on a highway you'll get a splitting headache from the drone. And if you also happen to have a 'vert like me then thats a double no-no.

Buy a Flowmaster, or a Dynomax, or any proper muffler. You'll be a lot happier.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        It'll be loud, and obnoxious, and any time you'll drive on a highway you'll get a splitting headache from the drone. And if you also happen to have a 'vert like me then thats a double no-no.
        You didn't like the authentic LS1 sound it put out?

On another totally unrelated note, I saw this woman driving a 98+ red camaro convertible with the stick-on 3-piece spoiler. It was on the 101 going through cuppertino. She had dark hair and seemed really happy to see me (in my 2001 red camaro convertible). Was this woman driving your car?

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
          You didn't like the authentic LS1 sound it put out?

On another totally unrelated note, I saw this woman driving a 98+ red camaro convertible with the stick-on 3-piece spoiler. It was on the 101 going through cuppertino. She had dark hair and seemed really happy to see me (in my 2001 red camaro convertible). Was this woman driving your car?
          Haha, i certainly hope not. Did it have a billet grille, chrome halos, and a beige top?

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

I saw the beige top. I was on my way to the donut wheel so I was on a mission and did not have time to play.

Comment

I was on my way to the donut wheel so I was on a mission and did not have time to play.

back on topic, dont do it. if you want loud get a loudmouth or the rumbler. glasspacks sound horrible on EVERYTHING. ive heard them on v8's before and they sound down right terrible.
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Ill post up some things that I am looking into.

Matt-

Comment

I saw the beige top. I was on my way to the donut wheel so I was on a mission and did not have time to play.
                  Shiiit, if not for the woman part that could have been me (cept i don't remember seeing anyother red 'vert), cuz i'm always down that way.

Donut Wheel FTMFW!!!!!One11

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

DO NOT DO GLASSPACK. My uncle had them on his Jeep, and they are the most annoying thing you can get on a vehicle. They are so obnoxious and are pointless. You will go a headache and everything, you cant listen to music, you cant have a normal conversation......

Comment

glass packs are for ricers and rednecks. get a 80 series flowmaster muffler and call it a day.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                        glass packs are for ricers and rednecks. get a 80 series flowmaster muffler and call it a day.
                        2ndFTW!

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X