X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 CAT suggestions

OK,
    Here is the deal:
    I’ve read a great deal on these forums and now I’m even more confused than before. I’m hoping that I can tell you guys what’s up and get some good suggestions on what to do.

The Situation:
    I have a 2002 V6 Camaro with the Y-87 Sport handling package. There are 89,000 miles on it. A few months ago the exaust started sounding like complete crap when I would first start the car. After a few minutes of driving the sound would die down. The sound is definately coming from the CAT area. There have been no performance problems at all and I’m not exactly rich, so I’ve just sort of ignored the problem. Now my SES light has come on. I’m assuming that the O2 sensor is tripping due to the probable CAT problem. I’ve got about $400-$500 that I can spend to get this thing fixed. I live in Kentucky & we no longer have emmisions testing, so I suppose I could get rid of the CAT if I need to.

Here is what I would like:
    - No terrible hoopdie exaust note (deep throaty sound is all good though)
    - No more SES light
    - Better low end (Torque / acceleration) Top speed really doesn’t matter. As long as i can still roll at about 85 I’m all good.
    - Under $500

What should I do? Does anyone know of a good place in Louisville to get this done?

Thanks guys!

Re: 2002 CAT suggestions

#1 = get the code scanned
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002OrangeConv
      OK,
      H A few months ago the exaust started sounding like complete crap when I would first start the car.
      Can you be more specific?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

check if ur cat is glowing red, make sure its no clogged

Comment

go to autozone and have them read the code for you. that should help you diagnose the problem.

if it is in fact your cat or the post cat o2 sensor, and easy fix is to ditch the cat for a straight pipe (just a pipe welded in place of the cat) and get an o2 sim to keep the computer smiling.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

well if he does a strate pipe then he will lose some torq he not big on high end, so i would sugest u get a high flow cat that way u wouldnt lost your torq but u will have to still use a o2 sim cuse of the high flow cat
            2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

True, but cost to hp ratio says the straight pipe is a better solution.
              Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X