Which Exahaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Exahaust?

I have a 99 3.8 camaro, with a cold air kit and was planning on getting a new exhaust for the car. I need a new cat since the one i have now has gone bad, but since i live in cali i think i'm just gonna stick w/ the stock cat cause it's pretty high flow any way.
    I can't afford headers but was debating between just a flowmaster delta 40 series muffer w/ the stock 2.25 pies,and installing it myself or since they're taking out the cat just replace it with 2.5 or 3 pipes... which would be better for the $, install the muffler myself, or get new pipes and a new muffler for like 10 times the price?

Re: Which Exahaust?

I'd say if you are able to install the muffler yourself, you'll probably be able to install a cat-back yourself. If you just buy a kit for the car, all the pipes will be the right length and everything and you can just weld it in. There are a few cheaper alternatives to things like the S-pipe (buy a u bend from jegs, cut in half and weld together as an S) and a few others. I would say do a catback though, if you do anything at all. Just a muffler you won't notice much in sound or performance.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

^^ Im agree with him. If you buy a cat-back system, it will come prebent and all you should need is clamps, which I think you can buy from most autoparts stores. If they dont carry them I KNOW Sunmmit has them. IMO, if you are going to get exhaust, spend the few extra bucks and get cat-back.

I recommend Flowmaster American Thunder with a Catco cat. Thats what I have and I love it. :)
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

no, the stock is not very high flowing. i forget the site where they did the ones on an LS1 camaro and the high flow was something like 1.5 - 2 times better than the stock. definately worth the money.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X