got me some cold air...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got me some cold air...

so weve had cat back exhaust for a while and with how much that helped i figured i should do the cold air as well... but im cheap and done feel like spending 200$ for a stupid SLP one. went to menards and bought a 5' pipe of 3" PVC pipe, 3 inch 90* rubber hosing... then went to advanced auto parts and got a filter (which i icouldnt use so i got a K&N from my buddy for free) slipped that sum bitc h in there and the car feels so much stronger now.

definately have felt quite an increase in low end torque. have also noticed a decrease in gas mileage but thats prolly due to getting on it more... definately sounds mean as hell!

mike

Re: got me some cold air...

Do you have pic of your CAI? Thats awesome that you made your own. I too am cheap as heck, so Im about to slap one together as well.

Comment

I built one too, out of heater ducting. I notice a nice different too and the sound is definitely better.

here's the thread.
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...uilt+cAI+today

the whole thing cost me under $20, with the exception of the filter, which i already had. So add the price of that and that's what it cost.

I've noticed for the long drives, the metal disapates the heat nicely at idle, and when the car is moving, the whole CAI is cold. Nice performance gains and sounds better too.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        I built one too, out of heater ducting. I notice a nice different too and the sound is definitely better.

here's the thread.
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...uilt+cAI+today

the whole thing cost me under $20, with the exception of the filter, which i already had. So add the price of that and that's what it cost.

I've noticed for the long drives, the metal disapates the heat nicely at idle, and when the car is moving, the whole CAI is cold. Nice performance gains and sounds better too.
        that CAI looks like a robots arm.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
          that CAI looks like a robots arm.

yup, i have controls that attach to my arm in the cabbin, and i move it up to try to get to the coldest air possible. Prety complicated design though i don't think i could explain it.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            yup, i have controls that attach to my arm in the cabbin, and i move it up to try to get to the coldest air possible. Prety complicated design though i don't think i could explain it.
            huh..are you serious.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

yeah.. it helps out so much... all the cool kids have them..

dont you?

Comment

LMAO ^^^

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
                '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
                '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
                  so weve had cat back exhaust for a while and with how much that helped i figured i should do the cold air as well... but im cheap and done feel like spending 200$ for a stupid SLP one. went to menards and bought a 5' pipe of 3" PVC pipe, 3 inch 90* rubber hosing... then went to advanced auto parts and got a filter (which i icouldnt use so i got a K&N from my buddy for free) slipped that sum bitc h in there and the car feels so much stronger now.

definately have felt quite an increase in low end torque. have also noticed a decrease in gas mileage but thats prolly due to getting on it more... definately sounds mean as hell!

mike
                  LET'S SEE SOME PICS PLEASE!!!!! THANKS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X