I dont need a Cat so i dont want a Cat - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont need a Cat so i dont want a Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont need a Cat so i dont want a Cat

well i have a 98 camaro , and i dont need a cat where i live so in spring i plan to take it off and go 2.5" all teh way baq from the y with a elec cutout and a sick FLOWMASTER 80 series. adn i dont want headers cuz there to much money for the fuss and the the little power gain.. at least with the cat off and the low restriction will make it pur adn gain a dec amount of power.
    give me any tips on what u think and i was wondering were to get a O2 sensor simulator if thats what i need. im assuming i do

thanks

Re: I dont need a Cat so i dont want a Cat

First off, getting a cutout and deleting the cat is going to make your car loud as hell. However, it will be highly annoying to you and everyone around you, not to mention sound bad. Consider a cutout and a hiflow cat, then do the muffler. If you get a hiflow cat you may need an o2 sim, if you delete the cat you will def. need one. Good Luck
    PS: drunk posting kills dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
      First off, getting a cutout and deleting the cat is going to make your car loud as hell. However, it will be highly annoying to you and everyone around you, not to mention sound bad. Consider a cutout and a hiflow cat, then do the muffler. If you get a hiflow cat you may need an o2 sim, if you delete the cat you will def. need one. Good Luck
      PS: drunk posting kills dude.
      i guess so because i dont have a cat and have a 40 series flowmaster and it isnt THAT loud, it is with the cut out open though

Comment

Congratulations.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by mazzon
          well i have a 98 camaro , and i dont need a cat where i live so in spring i plan to take it off and go 2.5" all teh way baq from the y with a elec cutout and a sick FLOWMASTER 80 series. adn i dont want headers cuz there to much money for the fuss and the the little power gain.. at least with the cat off and the low restriction will make it pur adn gain a dec amount of power.
          give me any tips on what u think and i was wondering were to get a O2 sensor simulator if thats what i need. im assuming i do

thanks
          Cut outs are kind of annoying. Headers are worth the money in my opinion. Not just saying that because I have them. Get an O2 simulator to keep your car from triggering trouble codes. Or at least make sure that the ones you have are legit. Not to be disrespectful, but make sure your posts are legible. :) :)
          Leonard
          www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
          sigpic

Comment

the only reason id get a cutout is if you have a hiflow cat and a muffler. otherwise it will just be WAY too loud and WAY too annoying with no cat, just like everyone else has said. i say get a hiflow cat, cutout, and 80 series. if not, just stick with the no cat and 80 series, and no cutout. either one i think you will like. i would go with the 2nd.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I'm teling ya, from my experiance, all teh car's I've had w/gutted cats sounded deper/mellower then when we compared w/straight pipe
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

No cat is the way to go. Before I had my turbo, I had 3" piping all the way down to the back with Borla catback. Sounded nice.
                1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoGN
                  No cat is the way to go. Before I had my turbo, I had 3" piping all the way down to the back with Borla catback. Sounded nice.
                  but then you had to get a hiflow cat when you added the turbo right?
                  Dave:
                  00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go
                    I'm teling ya, from my experiance, all teh car's I've had w/gutted cats sounded deper/mellower then when we compared w/straight pipe
                    gutted cat = straight pipe? whats the difference?
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Personal taste i guess, I know on our T/A before the E-check was gone from our state we used gutted cats to pass the visual inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                        but then you had to get a hiflow cat when you added the turbo right?
                        Why would I need that? I got straight turbo back with borla catback. I leave the borla cutout open all the time though because Turbo acts like a muffler and its not that loud.
                        1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          gutted cat = straight pipe? whats the difference?
                          the bigger chamber it expands inot, then goes onti pipe & then muffler. It just sounded better, plus passes any visual tests ;)
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

so screw the cat and just go with a 2.5" or 3" flowmaster 80 series without the cutout cuz its too loud n **** ....do i need a O2 sim without the cat now>where do i get one ?

Comment

you can get 02 sims at most of the f-body performance websites. there's a list of them in one of those stickies in the gen tech forum. i'm planning on doing a cutout too cuz you can have it where theres a valve on the end and an electric motor that can open and close it. its like 150 for the whole setup iirc. so you could just flip a switch when you wanna be loud and flip it off when you wanna have some peace an quiet. btw, go 3" the whole way. 2.5 just isnt big enuf, especially if you plan on any big mods later on. i think the only difference b/w our exhaust and the v-8s is hangers which are easy.
                              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X