Exhaust repairs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust repairs...

I recently ran off the road, and completely smashed my left exhaust pipe (post muffler) on my 80 series flowmaster. I simply cut the flattened pieces for a quick fix until FM sent me the new stuff. I just recieved the replacement parts from FM, and I can't get the old piece off! I loosened the U-bolt as much as possible, and the pipe will rotate/wiggle in the muffler, but wont come out...

Also, on my right side where the over-axel pipe goes into the muffler kinda rattles/makes noises...

Any help?

Re: Exhaust repairs...

The only way to get it off is to keep twisting as your prying it out. What probably happened was the U-Bolt dented both of the pipes, and basically mended them together causing a groove.

There IS another solution though, but it requires a welder. I had to do it once. I cut the pipe off just before the muffler flange, then I took a Sawzall and cut straight down the pipe about 3". Pulled the two seperate muffler flanges apart and the small piece of tailpipe came right out. I welded the two cuts afterwards, and then installed the new tailpipe. Worked great!
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Exhaust repairs...

agreed..theres probably dents in your pipes if you cant get it off you might have to take a torch to it just to side it off...try spraying some wd40 on there to maybe loosen it up a bit more so u can slide the piece out easier

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X