How much to take off heads and take out broke bolts? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much to take off heads and take out broke bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to take off heads and take out broke bolts?

Ok guys I've driving with broken bolts on each side of my heads when I installed my pacesetter's. They broke off on the ends of the heads. Not in the middle. It's been about 10 months and the ticking was not that noisy, but now it is getting louder. I could only hear it when I pop the hood open, but now when I'm driving and press the gas.

It has'nt been that bad and I still have power. I just got a SS hood and can tell the diff. When I put it in I also used some copper rtv seal. I was thinking of just taking it off and getting some new gaskets for the mean time.

How can you tell if it is blown?

Is there a difference from it being blown and just leaking?

Should I just pay to get it taken out? How much?

Re: How much to take off heads and take out broke bolts?

Leaking or blown, it doesn't really matter because it's still letting exhaust gasses out.
    You're probably looking to spend about $700-$1000 to have both of the heads removed, drill-out & re-tap the bolts, and re-install. And...that would be a fair price. There's alot of sh*t to remove to access the heads!
    sigpic

Comment

its not cheap to get done. i broke a bolt from trying to install my headers and i ended up taking the car in to a shop.
      94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

youre looking at around just what hockeyman said. the quote i got was 800-950.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

theres always DIY.

Comment

Yeah for me it was around like 800 lol and today my buddy was doing the headers and exhaust on one of our other buddies car and he broke another bolt. We both work at sears so i went in there got a bolt extractor kit walked up to his cash register and he just told me to get the **** out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X