****!!!!!1! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****!!!!!1! Help

i ordered my full exhaust and have it now but my y pipe out and my cat in are the same exact size.. i tried useing the pipe expander that cracked n **** now i gotta buy a new one cuz it wasnt even myne.. ... and i maxed it out.. so im basically ****ed what can i do
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Re: ****!!!!!1! Help

Just buy an adapter from autozone or advance auto, and have it welded in. They cost about $5 each. It's an easy and cheap fix. You can even clamp it on.

Find out what diameter the pipes are, and oversize the adapter on one end, and undersize it on the other.

Example: Two 2.5" ID pipes that need to be fitted together, then buy an adapter that is 2.5" OD, and 2 7/16" OD. They are all over the place in the exhaust section of auto stores.

ID =(inside diameter)
    OD =(outside diameter)
    sigpic

Comment

allright thanx man
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

unless its 3inch and they do not deal with 3inch reducers there go to an exhaust shop for that
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm
          unless its 3inch and they do not deal with 3inch reducers there go to an exhaust shop for that
          Autozone has them too. I have a 3" system and I needed an adapter, and they had about 6 of them on their shelf.
          sigpic

Comment

you dont have to worry about the expander, ill weld it whenever i have time. i shouldnt need it anymore anyway.

i know napa has adapter's. your hi-flow cat is shorter than stock, so you might need an extra inch or two anyway. whenever you get the car back just bring it down here and we'll do it on my ramps if you cant figure anything else out. you need 2 people anyway, or alot of bricks like i had to do.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X