CAI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI Question

OK I just :spank: some people in poker $180 at least, night's not over, :banana: and am looking at a cold air induction kit and new airbox, yeah I know these are more than $180 but I can afford the diff out of my pocket. I have a question regarding the CAI though. How effective are the ones that go in front of the rad and stops, it's still going to be cooler but isn't it going to pick up some heat from the rad? If anyone thinks I should spend my new greenbacks on something more beneficial, for my car, let me know.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: CAI Question

What year's your car? If it's pre 98, and it's a 3.8, buy a 3.4 or 5.7 intake, and then the LS1 elbow, and it'll fit right on there. If it's 98 or newer, I've have no idea. I have a 97 3.8 and bought a Moroso intake for a LS1 for $150 on eBay (you can get brand new K&N FIPK's for $150+shipping on eBay), and then I bought a 3" coupler and 908 reducing elbow and put it all together. But, I've been told it'd be alot easier to buy the LS1 elbow instead (my way's cheaper though).
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Right sorry, it's a 2000 3.8

Comment

well I did wonder the same thing mines the SlP so I drove it to school and then back home turned off the car and went under and felt it and it was some what cold I think all the air moving over it keeps it from heating up. They say its CAI when its Ram Air.

Comment

Thanks that helps. the concept seemed right I just wasn't sure. Wasn't to fond of having a flat pipe sticking down in front of my bumper either. Cool beans when I cash out tonight im placing the order tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X