Warranty question on a Catylitic Converter - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warranty question on a Catylitic Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty question on a Catylitic Converter

Im the second owner of the car, but i heard from two different people one that used to work at a dealership that the Catylitic Converter on the 2002 models (could be others as well) has a 80,000 or 8 year warranty. anyone know if this is legit or was he just pulling my leg because my catylitic converter just went out and i am right under 70k miles and id like to save myself 300 dollars if i can. i didnt hear anything like that, couldnt find anything online about it and my car didnt have an owners manual if it states it in there. thanks for your time again BTW everything is still stock original parts i havnt replaced anything or upgraded anything but my spark plugs.

Re: Warranty question on a Catylitic Converter

yea they are usually replaced under warrenty if they go out early like yours did. Call your dealership and verify it though before taking it in and getting raped for a new one
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i was just wondering if anyone knew the exact details on the warranty because dealerships in this town are extremely cheap and dont like to do anything for free. i figured they would do it if it was under warrant just wasnt sure on the warranty specs. sorry posted this in wrong area earlier thanks for ur help m8

Comment

8yrs or 80K. Its a federal law and It will be covered under warrenty if they diagnoise it as a defective converter.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

How much you wanna bet that they try to blame something else as the problem, that way not only do you get stuck paying for the new converter, but also the repair of the "problem" they said caused it.

Get ready for a fight!!!
          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

well a few people told me that the 3 cylinders i had missfiring was the cause of the converter going out but i neglected to mention that i replaced those just incase they would have tried to horse me over and make me pay for it... anyway droped it off today it was an 8yr 80k mile factory warranty which was quite nice. they had to diagnose it anyway to make sure everything in the engine seemed fine so i got off scott free. probably the luckiest thing that ever happen to me when it comes to cars lol every time ive bough a car like within the year something that cost a fair amount of cash to repair broke. the next car i buy will be brand new in 2009 im sure everyone here would know what car that would be hahaha. ive been counting the days :wavey: anyway thanks for ur input.

Comment

glad to hear it was under warrenty. so your problems went away then after they replaced it?
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnot
                well a few people told me that the 3 cylinders i had missfiring was the cause of the converter going out but i neglected to mention that i replaced those just incase they would have tried to horse me over and make me pay for it... anyway droped it off today it was an 8yr 80k mile factory warranty which was quite nice. they had to diagnose it anyway to make sure everything in the engine seemed fine so i got off scott free. probably the luckiest thing that ever happen to me when it comes to cars lol every time ive bough a car like within the year something that cost a fair amount of cash to repair broke. the next car i buy will be brand new in 2009 im sure everyone here would know what car that would be hahaha. ive been counting the days :wavey: anyway thanks for ur input.
                Yeah, this happened to me too. I took it to a dealership and just mentioned that I thought the cat was bad, and they changed it without batting an eye. No questions, no paperwork. Sweet!

Comment

I have a 2000 and they replaced mine at about 56,000 miles
                  in 2004. It was no hassle...they bill GM for all of it.
                  Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X