How loud is LOUD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud is LOUD?

people always say the rumbler is LOUD, I'm never sure how serious to take this as cause the clips are really hard to tell the loudness, but I'm liking the sound of the rumbler I'm just wondering if it's too loud for daily driving, can I still hear my stereo/passenger? lol
    2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Re: How loud is LOUD?

Originally posted by v6noob
    people always say the rumbler is LOUD, I'm never sure how serious to take this as cause the clips are really hard to tell the loudness, but I'm liking the sound of the rumbler I'm just wondering if it's too loud for daily driving, can I still hear my stereo/passenger? lol
    i have slightly altered rumbler, but i love it. below 3 grand its real quite. i can carry on converstation with someone on the phone and in the passenger seat, but i do have to talk a tad louder than normal. highway drone at 70 is bareble and its annoying to me at all honestly. windows up you cant hear with the radio on at a normal volume.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

If i had a video camera i could show you loud...
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

yea loser, i was thinking of doing the setup you have, got any more info on that or some clips/vids, would love to hear that. its the sweet thunder muffler right, got a part #/ where you bought it/how much?
        2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

Originally posted by v6noob
          yea loser, i was thinking of doing the setup you have, got any more info on that or some clips/vids, would love to hear that. its the sweet thunder muffler right, got a part #/ where you bought it/how much?
          i have a couple clips on my video camera, but dont have the cord/plug i need to get it on here. im looking for someone who has a newer camera.

i liked the muffler becuase it's inner core is 2.5, so i didnt lose all my low end. i can still chirp the tires from a 10-12 mph roll.

i got the muffler from sweet-thunder.com which is the only place to get them, give them a call. VERY nice friendly guy. great communication and fast and good shipping.

if i find someone with a newer camera ill get clips up ASAP.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

rumbler with stock cat is loud, but bareable....now rumbler with cat deleted is just plain loud...to loud for everyday driving.

Comment

Originally posted by lilchubby
              rumbler with stock cat is loud.
              i totally disagree. but you have to think of it outside your box. if all you are used to hearing is a stock car, yea the rumbler is loud. but compare that sound of the rumbler (which i have heard in person) to my borla with cutout.. or even a v8 with a loudmouth or anything else... then the rumbler seems like nothing. its all about different peoples perspective thats why i think threads like this are pointless. but.. continue on..
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

^yeah i agree with dave, but my 40 series flowmaster, cat delete and cut out open is pretty loud inside the car

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                  i totally disagree. but you have to think of it outside your box. if all you are used to hearing is a stock car, yea the rumbler is loud. but compare that sound of the rumbler (which i have heard in person) to my borla with cutout.. or even a v8 with a loudmouth or anything else... then the rumbler seems like nothing. its all about different peoples perspective thats why i think threads like this are pointless. but.. continue on..
                  this is true, v6 loud is nothing like v8 loud. my friend has a lt1 w/ stock manifolds, no cat, and loudmouth and that car puts mine to shame.
                  94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

yeah V8s are extreamly loud if you want them to be, my buddy has an 01 mustang GT with long tubes, no cats, and magnaflow bullet race mufflers on true duals and he was quite a bit louder than me in our rev contest with no cat and my cut out open:( lol it was fun though

Comment

Loud is when you take off you muffler. I took of my muffler yesterday to get ready for my flowmaster cat back system, and my car is loud. It sounds really good from 1,000 rpms to 2,500 rpms after that it sounds like a rice burner.

Comment

i drove a c5 today at work, i didn't get a chance to talk to the guy to see what was done. it was an m6 w/ corsa and DR's on the rear. this car was LOUD. i almost creamed my pants it sounded so good.
                        94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X