Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Opinions

1993 Firebird, 3.4L

Yes, I've searched, but I am looking for opinions.
    My car has no cat, just a pipe welded in where the cat used to live. The muffler is quite rusty and seems to be hollowed out, or rusted out. Car is quite loud, and I like it like that. However, it all needs to be replaced from the "cat pipe" back due to age, crappy looking pipe, and a rotten looking muffler.

Question is, I had a Flowmaster 40 on my Cutlass although I am not sure which Flowmaster 40 because I now know that there are different versions of the 40 series muffler. I loved the sound. Which series of the 40 should I get, can anyone narrow it down for me? How will the 3.4 sound with a 40 and no cat?

Or, does anyone have the 80 series with the dual tail pipes?

Thanks Much...
    Last edited by nascar24jd; 09-24-2006, 05:41 PM.

Re: Exhaust Opinions

Nobody???

Comment

there is a 80 flowmaster sound clip in the sticky. you can decide what you like. almost no one uses 40 series mufflers. almost only 80
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I just bought a new flowmaster American Thunder Ehaust system with an 80 series muffler. I haven't put it on yet but have heard sound clips and sounds alot better than the 40 series. The 40 series has a little more rasp than the 80. I also bought some pacesetter armor coated headers and a magnaflow cat. to go along with it. I spend about $700.00 for everything.

Comment

Thanks guys, 80 it is.

Comment

Yea
            I had a 80 series on my 94 3.4 camaro and it sounded real good not near the rasp as some,kinda mellow sounding

Comment

we love our dynomax, the best sounding v6 f-bod i've ever heard, no rasp!!
              91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Merk
                we love our dynomax, the best sounding v6 f-bod i've ever heard, no rasp!!
                whose ''we''.

anyways back to the topic.. its all personal preference, we all have different opinions on what we like. 40 series on your cutlass is going to sound different on your 3.4L.. and personally i would recommand FLOWMASTERS, but if you insist i would go for the american thunder 80 series or 80 series. No cat = more LOUDER/RASPIER.. good luck. :)

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

You would recommend flowmasters? You do know thats what he is getting right? Did you mean to say you wouldnt?
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                    You would recommend flowmasters? You do know thats what he is getting right? Did you mean to say you wouldnt?
                    yeah, typo.. "WOULDNT".

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                      yeah, typo.. "WOULDNT".
                      Yea, now you say that. Yet you know they are the awesomeness.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                        Yea, now you say that. Yet you know they are the awesomeness.
                        your probably right Mark. but let me clarify.. im not saying flowmasters are bad or anything but i would prefer getting something else for that price. possibly even custom.. i think flows sound good on 3.4L's, yet to hear it on a 3.8. when we meet up, ill have to listen to ur "flowmaster" setup. :)

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                          yet to hear it on a 3.8. when we meet up, ill have to listen to ur "flowmaster" setup. :)
                          its nothing special... sounds like a stock 96 mustang gt, and those sound like.. crap

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                            its nothing special... sounds like a stock 96 mustang gt, and those sound like.. crap

, holy **** that was funny *** hell.
                            thats worse than a camaro V6 trying to sound like a stock camaro SS.. (j/k, Taylor)

god i cant wait to install my borla..

P.S. sorry for jacking your thread nascar24jd, just ignore us.
                            Last edited by gugdathug3; 10-03-2006, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                              Ouch :(

Nevertheless, i do want to hear your borla Gilb. If it sounds that good i'd be more than willing to go to my fifth exhaust. Oh, and tell me if you need the name of a good muffler shop (assuming you're not going to do it yourself), i now know 3.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X