Does the American Thunder Catback come with an 80 series muffler? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the American Thunder Catback come with an 80 series muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the American Thunder Catback come with an 80 series muffler?

I'm thinking about getting the american thunder catback for my 3.8, but I was wondering if the muffler is an 80 series? I searched on this site, and found a firebird that had an 80 series muffler, and it sounded badass. Is that the muffler that I would get as well? Also, I found a place that sells the catback, but it says that it is for 1998 and up camaros. It's the same except for the hangers though, isn't it? Would that add much to the install price? I also need a new cat. Which one would you suggest? I have a 1997.

Thanks,
    Frank

Re: Does the American Thunder Catback come with an 80 series muffler?

The american thunder comes with an 80 series. As far as the cat I would say catco since they are cheap and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
      The american thunder comes with an 80 series. As far as the cat I would say catco since they are cheap and effective.

I've heard that catco's will throw a code. Is that true? Or is it only for 1998 and up?

Comment

I have the same setup and was also wondering about the catco because im pretty sure I messed up my cat. when I start my car it makes a terrible noise and rattles like a *****.any help will be great

Comment

I dunno ses light was on before and after exhaust / 02 sim....with the whole new exhaust my temp went from being a little above halfway to a little below halfway =)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X