p0300 and p1406

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0300 and p1406

I have 4 codes 2 of each on my 97 camaro. I wanted to know what would happen if i put the o2 sensor that is supposed go right before the cat into the right manifold. Would that cause p0300 and then i removed my egr from the car but hadnt had the chance to remove it from the computer would that cause the p0300? Is it bad to keep driving it with these codes on it. I had just put headers on and retightened everything and change the plugs but not the wires. Help please?????????

Re: p0300 and p1406

Check to make sure the new headers haven't made some of your spark plug wires pop off the spark plug. Alot of times a boot will look like it is still on but as it heats up the connector is not really on the end of the plug.

In my opinion, continuing to drive with P300 flashing can lead to bad things. I tried to limp my car on in to work ( I have a long commute and didn't want to stop in between home and work) and the misfire overloaded my catalytic converter to the point that smoke got inside the car, the converter overheated and i probably could have caught the car on fire.

I don't want to scare you, but in my case the long drive created enough heat to burn up my catalytic converter. Be careful, I like Chevys too. I own 5. We don't want to hear that you burned something up.

Code 300 indicates a random misfire. As others have suggested, start with the simple things. The headers may have cooked your wires. These motors seem to like spark wires anyway so maybe you should start there.

If you smell an odor like an electrical part has overheated beware. That is what I smelled as my converter was burning up.

Comment

Thanks i retightened the header bolts this morning and the p0300 hasnt came back on yet. But the spark plug on passenger side closest to the front i cant tighten it all the way because of the header. I could only get it hand tight. any suggestions?

Comment

Have you ever seen a "crow" foot wrench? They are like an open end wrench that has been cut off with a socket drive in the head. One of those might let you get enough of the wrench to get it tightened.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X