Flowmaster muffler broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster muffler broke

the muffler has a rattle like loose piece sound in it. if u wiggle the system just a little this thing makes noise in the muffler. almost like someone throw a rock or something in the pipe. i am sure that the exhaust sound is the same. i tried floorin it to get it out if the is anything. nothing. i want to cut it off and see... but i will probably make more problems. does this happen to flows? its only like 1-2 years old.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Re: Flowmaster muffler broke

stock cat? how many miles on the cat? its possible a peice of cat is stuck in the muffler. cats get brittle and start breaking up, but only if they're bad. i think its the heat that does it, when your cat is bad it will probally glow red.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

it could be the muffler although it is pretty new. my flowmaster muffler you would smack it and hear pieces rattling around. muffler rusted out.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

SO i drove around some more and floored it a lot. the rattle is still there slightly. it definatly changed, as in something happened. i have a stock cat with 75,000 miles. i have a new cat in my garage to put on. its such a pain to put it on, so i havent done it. now im away at school and can not do a thing.

i was thinking it may be the cat... but i dunno. it really hard to decribe what this sound sounds like. definatly sounds like something is loose or broken in the muffler. like a woodchip was thrown in there.

also come to think of it, my cat itself has been ratteling for quiet some time. only when it is cold, and when u floor it. its really annoying. thats why i bought a new cat but havent put it on. but i still cant decribe this sound. but i tried to.

so tha guy had his flow rust out? how does that happen, thats b.s. it shouldnt unless it was installed wrong...
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X