3in final exhaust mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3in final exhaust mod

Hey guys I posted before about puting a s-pipe on the car. Now Im thinking about taking off my current 2 1/2 in straight pipe and have a custom 3in straight and s-pipe made. Would this be a benefit to my current setup and would that help out the rasp any. I have the CIA headers and y-pipe that comes to 3in. and a Borla catback that is 3in. Going completely 3in a good thing? Shoud make it sound a bit deeper and louder IM thinking. Well your guys thoughts.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Re: 3in final exhaust mod

rasp will get worse, but it will be deeper and louder.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Long as its not un bareable an dont sound lke a ricer burner. Overall do u think it would sound good.
      www.vaperz.com

Comment

i have 3 inch in out hi-flo cat with 3' s pipe 2.5 intermediate 3' over axle into 80 series muffler 3 in out with 4 inch magnaflow tips....It sounds really good! I am going to upgrade my muffler to the Borla XR1 probably

Comment

I just put on a complete borla catback system. I have the CIA headers, random tech cat also...3" the whole way through and it sounds nice. i havent had anyone drive it yet so that i can hear what it sounds like. but if you walk around the back while its on, you hear the noise coming only from the pass side. the drivers side tailpipe is a lot quieter than the pass side. also i hear it bumping the car if i go over potholes or just bumps if i have 2 other guys in the car with me. but let us know how it goes

Comment

Son it I have pretty much the same sytem but "no cat". You hear more sound out of the pass side to due to the block plate setup that are included with the catback. To get rid of the bumping noise ull have to wrench on the sytem some. Mine also did that until i wrenched around on it . It maybe exacly where mine was bumping. Min was hiting on the panhard bar under the rear of the car.
            www.vaperz.com

Comment

So are you guys syain go for it and do it. That the sound shoud be a bit louder and deeper.
              www.vaperz.com

Comment

well i finally had my brother drive it. i told him to step on it too. when he drove off keeping it at 3000 rpms it sounds nice but once you step on it, that deep sound is gone...i heard a LOT less rasp then when i had the stock tubing with the flowmaster muffler.

and yeah mine is bumping on the bar so when i get time im gonna try and play with it a little. i hear it a lot more when the car is cold.

im happy with it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X