Catco Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catco Question

Im thinking of buying a 2.50" IN/out Catco converter to replace my stock one. I found one on eBay for $50 shipped. In the description, it says NOT RECOMMENDED FOR OBD2 Vehicles. What exactly does this mean? BTW, I have a 96 3.8L. Also will it throw codes, or is that usually for the 3"?

Re: Catco Question

Its not recommended for obd2 cause it will throw a code. Just buy an o2 sim to go along with it and you'll be fine. FIY i got a carsound cat for 70 bucks off summit (3in/3in) and it is obd2 compliant. I've driven hundreds of miles on it and it hasn't thrown a code.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

So if I dont want to worry bout codes I should go with the CarSound, or any other which is OBd2 compliant?

Comment

yes, any that is obd2 compliant. Keep in mind not all carsounds are. On summits site it tells you if it is or not, theres a little image thing by the pic of the cat that says if its obd2 compliant.

heres there homepage

www.summitracing.com
        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

So to get one that wont throw the code it will have to be OBD2 compliant for sure? Even if I do go ahead and get a regular direct fit cat, its just a code, it wont exactly cause my engine to start runnin funny will it?

Comment

it may cause you to run lean or rich, but someone else who has thrown a code or has more knowledge needs to confirm something like that. If you get one thats not obd2 compliant, then just get an o2 sim to go with it and you'll have no problems and no annoying ses light
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Where is the best place to buy an O2 Sim for a 3.8 L

Comment

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=5&pcid=54

Scroll Down, they are 50 bucks.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Would it be cheaper to just buy an OBD2 compliant Cat.....or is there a performance hit with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X