a question about dump exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about dump exhaust

alright, my friend and i are thinking about putting dumps on my exhaust...as of right now it doesnt look like its gonna be an easy task being that the camaro sits so low.... we were thinking about just cutting it right after the catalytic converter, but that might be a bit too loud... i just wanted to know if there are any easy suggestions without having to spend a crap load of money at a muffler shop
    Modifications: Cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, gutted cats

Re: a question about dump exhaust

im assumeing you want it loud? dumping it after the cat will be ear-ringingly loud. will over-power your radio, wont be able to talk AT ALL inside, and will drone like you wont belive so highway will be a killer. if you want loud, get the LM or rumbler. or dump it right before the rear axle, and make sure the turn down is angled out away from the ground, it'll help the drone/resonanse. i drove my car open hi-flow cat around the block, couldnt talk to my dad in the car, and it got annoying with-in about 4 seconds. its a v6, open headers sounds horrible.

edit: heres a pic of the muffler in the rumbler, as you can see its a straight through desgin. it doesnt do much mufflering. if you want loud, this is the way to go.

looking at the I pipe of the rumbler, look as far in as you can see, you can see the muffler.

i can send ( email ) you the hi-res pics, if you want better pictures. ( but theyre HUGE, bigger than my screen )
    Last edited by loser; 09-09-2006, 01:20 PM.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

thanks alot man, yea i have heard it without exhaust...its extremely loud....so i mean with the rumbler...how would i do it?
      Last edited by white_camaro3.4; 09-09-2006, 02:07 PM.
      Modifications: Cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, gutted cats

Comment

how would you dump it? i dont really see why you would that. if you want a dumped exhuast just by some 3" piping and a 3" dynomax bullet and a turn down. and then your'll basicly have a dumped rumbler.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X