stange rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stange rattle

When I'm idiling, i dont really hear any rattle, but when i drive past things, like parked cars on the street, i hear this rattle. I've gotten under the hood and tryed to look at heat sheilds and cat to see if they were losse or broken, and so far I've been unconclusive, any idea what could be making this noice. Any ideas would be great, If its not something i can fix, id at least like to have an idea of what it is for when i take it to a shop.

Re: stange rattle

The exhaust system has numerous heat shields attached to it or in close proximity to the pipes. I've had a few cracks in the attachment straps which gave me a buzz at certain engine RPMs/Load. Also when the cat gets old it's core can loosen up and buzz around inside. And also look for exhaust components contacting underbody or components.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X