Having problems with pacesetter header installation - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having problems with pacesetter header installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with pacesetter header installation

Hi.

I'm installing pacesetter headers on my 2001 Camaro. My question is does anyone had problems with clearence with installing the spark plugs. For some reason my spark plug reach doesn't fit between the header pipes. That means that I can't tighten up my passenger middle spark plug because of it. Any recommendation should I do to tight the spark plug? I don't want to take out the header because it was a pain to install them back. Please help!!!!!

thanks.

Re: Having problems with pacesetter header installation

I just replaced my plugs had to use a open ended wrench with the sockit insted of the ratchet

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

What you guys think about this type of reach. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00941212000. I don't know if this will work. Hey Kuttman are this the one your taking about http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes. Do you have any clearence with this two types of reaches with the spark plug.

Comment

hi i just ordered pacesetters for my car and i was thinking about doing them myself but they sound like a real pain...but i had a question, with replacing the headers do you have to replace anything else on the exhaust like to match them up with the stock stuff

Comment

Anybody have a take?
            I may go headers with a new motor, and wondered myself.

Comment

no...
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

oh man thats the plug i had problems with too, i ended up getting a cheap wrench and spark plug socket from ace hardware and fabbed up a custom wrench just for that plug, ill take pics tomorrow

Comment

i used the open end wrench as well...i think getting it in was easier than getting it out will.

Comment

just got the headers in yesterday and i went and got an estimate to install them...700 to 800 dollars...i payed 300 for them i really cant see spending almost three times as much to put them in as it that difficult to do in my driveway?

Comment

You'll have to do them from below...good luck in a driveway
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I installed mine in the driveway with the help of my dad. Hardest part really is getting the old out and the egr hose hookup. I had the old style pacesetters with the one piece ypipe and had to cut it to make it fit. I have leaks that i need to fix around the egr tube and the ypipe. I would get the abbott gaskets tho. You can get them by contacting them at abbottracingheads.com.
                        Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

how long did it take u and did u feel like killing yourself afterwards!

Comment

Just had my pacesetters intalled along with a magnaflow high flow cat and catback. As said b4 hardest is getting the old manifolds out and matching the egr tube. One of the O2's didn't wanna come off, the shop just put a new one on. $400 total labor, that's truly worth it, my sanity is worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by candela
                              $400 total labor, that's truly worth it, my sanity is worth more.
                              You must live in India or Taiwan or someplace then cuz i know they'd charge a lot more around here.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X