Stock Cat bolted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Cat bolted?

I was told the "S" pipe was bolted to the stock Cat on my car its a 99..

is this true? Because I just bought a 3" rumbler and a 3" "S" pipe that is susposed to bolt to my stock Cat, if this pipe will bolt to my stock cat then I can install on my own if not then im screwed :?

Re: Stock Cat bolted?

I don't know abut a '99, but the stock converter on my '96 was welded at both ends. There was however a slide-connection on the I-Pipe -it's right behind the crossmember. When I had the stock exhaust, I welded that connection because it would rattle like hell.

Anyhow, you can remove the converter and the S-Pipe together as one unit at that section, but the Y-Pipe-to-Converter will have to be cut.
    sigpic

Comment

my 00 bolts on
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

My 99 is bolted
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Well if anyone could maybe show me some pictures or something that would be killer because I bought this killer 3" Rumbler and then I Bought a 3" SLP "S" pipe and for the freaking life of me I cannot get the bolt or w/e off.

I need info or w/e you might be able to give me..

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS!!!

Comment

is yours different than the pic i got of mine for you? if you can take a pic of where the stock S meets the stock cat.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

what I really wanna see is the S pipe unbolted and then some more pics.

lemme go get on my Computer and Ill show you my Pics bro. I took some the best I could.

All I know is that I didnt spend 100.00 bux on a pipe that susposed to connect to my cat for no reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Screamin99
                what I really wanna see is the S pipe unbolted and then some more pics.

lemme go get on my Computer and Ill show you my Pics bro. I took some the best I could.

All I know is that I didnt spend 100.00 bux on a pipe that susposed to connect to my cat for no reason!
                100 bucks?! anyway, its raining a little now, if it stops ill run out and PB blaster the he!! out of mine and take it apart and get you more pics.

btw, liquid wrench or pb blaster WILL help like you wont belive.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

This is what im dealing with, how do I get this off and bolt my "S" pipe to it like I was told is susposed to happen.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...9/100_0130.jpg there is that bolt there and one almost directly above it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...9/100_0128.jpg from the looks of it that plate looking thing is all thats holding me back. but im worried that its all welded?

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...gAnch=imgAnch6
                  http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...gAnch=imgAnch4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X